Kiss Me

After I agreed to go to the mall the boys bought their coffees and we sat down to wait for the others to arrive.

What had I gotten myself into here? I wasn't technically invited on this outing. I was going to stick out like a sore thumb in this group of friends at the mall. I didn't look like one of them. And John. Ugh. He would probably rather drop dead than spend a day with me... although I wasn't really worried about all that with Harrison here. Harrison's finger tips brushing against mine as they both rested on the table. He kept sneaking glances my way, his lips quirking up at the corners.

It was causing my stomach to feel funny.

Penny, Christina and Liana arrived around 15 minutes later.

"Hey boys." Liana said. Her blonde hair was in a long braid down her back, loose wisps of it framing her face. Her skin tan skin was glowing, or maybe that was just her smile. She placed a hand on Harrison's shoulder, sliding it behind his neck and playing with his hair. I swallowed and looked away from the two.

From the time I had spent with them, and I admit it wasn't much, I couldn't tell what Liana and Harrison were to each other. They weren't together, but at the same time... there was something... I just had to assume they were a thing.

I was surprised when he subtly moved away from her touch.

"Monty? Is that you?" I looked up to see Liana looking at me, her eyebrows pulled together and I thought she might suddenly ask me to leave. Actually no I thought she might growl at me but she just smiled again. "I don't remember telling you about today Monty!" She said

She clearly thought she ran the show in her group of friends.

That's 'cause you didn't. "Glad you could make it all the same." She walked around Harrison and nudged me over so she could share my chair with me.

Why me?

Penny and Christina pulled up their own chairs.

"Hey Monty." Penny greeted, and Christina sent me a smile and a nod. That was her warmest greeting and I counted myself blessed to receive it.

"You guys been waiting long?" Christina asked and Finn laughed

"Sure have, what were you guys doing?" he asked. Liana giggled

"Well we were leaving on time and then Christina decided she had to-"

"Hey!" Christina swatted at Liana, her usually cool demeanor dropping for a moment as her eyes widened. Liana grinned, her tongue sliding along her bottom lip. She looked at me and winked. "It doesn't matter anyway, we're waiting on Johnny boy anyway." Christina said running a hand through her silky black hair.

"I'm ready to leave without him if he doesn't show in the next 2 minutes." Liana said crossing her legs. "That boy really likes to get on my last nerves." She said looking at me. The bell rang as someone entered the shop. I ignored it. "What about you Monty," she said tilting her head to the side. I shrugged

"About what?" I asked

"Harper? Bit of a douchebag am I right?"

I snorted. That was the understatement of the century. John was definitely a douchebag. I couldn't understand why a guy as nice as Harrison, Finn too, would ever want to be friends with Jerk Boy. I was just about to open my mouth and reply when the devil himself cut me off.

"Better watch what you say Montgomery, I'm right behind you."

Oh.

For some reason I felt more embarrassed than I should have. I mean who cares if John knew what I thought about him. He probably did already.