Art Trip

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock buzzing.

5 o'clock.

5 o'clock in the morning.

I groaned. A 2-hour drive to the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. We had to be at school early so we could make up for the long bus rides there and back so we could be at school when the bell ended the day at 3 pm. We were to arrive at 7 am and leave at 1 pm. We had a free hour to do what we wanted and grab lunch in between. Sarah and I were just going to look for a nice café or something and stay away from the others. Maybe there would be a cute bookstore in the area...

I hopped out of bed and threw on a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and t-shirt before throwing my Grayworth Academy hoodie on. I was glad I had taken my shower last night so I wouldn't have wet hair on the bus.

My mom was still in bed when I left the house and so I left her a note reminding her why I wasn't there because she probably would forget our conversation last night and panic. I went through a mental checklist in my head on my way to school.

Things to bring on the art Trip:

Money Check

House Key Check

Phone Check

Headphones Check

Sketchbook Check

Pencil Check

Skittles Check

Chocolate covered pretzels Check

Seemed like I had everything I would need for the trip. Sarah was picking up coffee for us on her way so that was also Check.

I could see that most people had arrived by the time I got there and the bus was pretty full. Sarah had saved me a seat next to her around the middle of the bus and she got out into the aisle as I came over to give me the window seat.

I always had the window seat.

"Thanks Sarah." I said with a smile as she handed me my coffee and I settled in and she shrugged.

"No problem. Are you excited for this?" she asked and I nodded letting out a sigh.

"Yeah, I mean I'm excited to be getting a day off of school. I have to tell you something that I over heard yesterday." I said and Sarah grinned.

"Juicy gossip?" she asked, her eyes bright and excited.

"You could say that I guess."

"Spill the beans Mon. It's not right to keep is all to yourself." I brought my finger up to my mouth to chew on my nail.

"It... it was about-"

"Tiny!" my head snapped towards the familiar voice. I saw Finn making his way down the aisle of the bus. His hair was messy and he had on some worn-out jeans and a sweatshirt. His face was slightly groggy looking, but he had a lazy smile on his face as he leaned on the chair in front of me.

"You didn't save me a seat?" He asked faking hurt, his eyes skipped over to Sarah for a split second, but his eyes were back to me faster than light. I rolled my eyes at him, but couldn't stop the smile tugging at my lips.

"I told you I was sitting next Sarah." I said.

"On the way back then." He said with a nod and laughed.

"Pretty sure we've had this exact conversation, Finnegan." He frowned, "I'm sitting with Sarah, round trip."

"It's Finn." He corrected and I shrugged.