Tana?

"We have to find Penny, Mont and tell her that we're here." Sarah said tugging on my arm. Penny was the whole reason we were here, she was the one who invited Sarah in the first place. I nodded,

"Yeah sure,"

"Keep your eyes open for her." She said

"Okay." We stood there for a moment. "What should we do in the meantime?" I asked.

I could see Sarah's eyes sparkling with excitement and interest. I had less enthusiasm for such a sweaty, loud place, but I could also see the fun that people could have here.

There were people grinding against each other on the makeshift dance floor. There was a large crowd of people gathered in an archway to another room which I guessed was the kitchen. That's where all the drinks were. All the places to sit were taken. Couples were tucked into every corner and crevice of the house eager to snatch a moment to themselves. Many acted like they were alone, hands wandering and mouths meeting.

Oh god, this was a high school party.

This felt cliché.

No, this was cliché, but then again weren't high school parties the epitome of cliché? Wasn't that why they were in every high school movie ever made?

At least American high school parties were and sadly I found myself in the midst of the pit of madness.

"We could dance?" I said, though it was more of question. Sarah and I both looked at the grinding bodies. She caught site of something and smiled. Suddenly Sarah let go of my arm.

"I think I'm going to go to the bathroom." She murmured and started to walk away, I tried to call her back, but she disappeared into the crowd. Great. Just great. Thanks Sarah, I won't forget how you "Ditched me!" I shouted over the crowd.

I let out a frustrated whine and then turned to my left. Well maybe I should go get something to drink while I wait. I started towards the crowded doorway and pushed through. Earning a few grumbles and glances along the way. The lighting in the kitchen was significantly brighter than the rest of the house. The counter was littered with cups and bottles and a large tub of ice. Was there water anywhere?

I felt hot just being around so many people.

Suddenly there was a voice behind me.

"Monty," I spun around to see the golden eyes that seemed to be on my mind a lot. Except this time I wasn't imagining them.

"Harrison," I am ashamed to say that his name was quite breathy as it came out of my mouth. How could you blame me? His chocolaty hair was rugged and messy. His flannel red shirt had its sleeves pushed up to his elbows and his black jeans were worn out on the pockets.

"You didn't tell me you would be here." He said flashing me a bright, unexpected, knee-weakening smile.

I frowned. Why would I ever tell him what i was doing? He never spoke to me unless his friend had been rude to me. Up until a day ago I didn't even know he knew my name.

"Um, I didn't think that it would concern you." I retorted and his smile faded slightly, his brows knitting together and forming a cute little crease on his forehead.

"Did I do something wrong?" he asked taking a step back and I felt the need to reach out and pull him forward again. Don't walk away.

"No, of course not! I mean... I don't know." I said and he only seemed increasingly more confused.

"Look Monty, I'm sorry if I-"

"Oh gosh, no, you haven't done anything I just... I guess I just don't know why you would care if I came to a party." I know why I would care if you were here, is what I didn't add. He shrugged, and stepped closer to me.