Coming Clean

I couldn't stop it.

My heart leapt out of my chest and my eyes popped out of their sockets and I- I sprayed my mouthful of coffee across the table... into Issac's face and all over the table and his shirt.

My hand slapped over my mouth immediately and Issac jumped back, his seat crashing to the floor as he stood in shock, his eyes tightly closed and mouth hung open. His arms stretched out to the sides as though he was doing some kind of bird impersonation and all was silent. My cheeks were on fire and I knew all eyes were on us, but I couldn't take my eyes off of Issac.

The silence was heavy, thick and uncomfortable.

I had... I had just spit on Issac. Issac Rush. The Issac Rush.

I had just done my first spit-take and it was a delicious latte was all over this beautifully attractive boy. Issac's face slowly started to drop from its scrunched up, tense expression and he shook his arms slightly and they began to lower.

He was going to yell at me.

This was the end of everything.

He was never going to speak to me ever again. I mean who would?

I had just spit all over him and that's disgusting.

And now I would have to see him school and know that I had spit on him and ruined our friendship.

I felt my eyes start to burn. I was going to cry. I was going to... Issac was so mad he was so mad he...

Wait- what?

Was he... laughing?

It started off as his head dropping low so I couldn't see his face and his shoulders shaking slightly and gradually grew to all out, tear jerking laughter. Issac's whole body shook as he clutched his stomach and he looked at me with humor filled green eyes and he laughed. He laughed so hard I started to hear other people in the coffeehouse chuckling to themselves. My eyes dried up and a giggle escaped my lips. 

I quickly stood up from my chair, took hold of one of his hands and dragged him outside where we weren't going to be disrupting everyone. We staggered around the corner in our fits of giggles and leaned against the brick wall. Issac placed one hand on the wall next to my head and hung his, as he continued to laugh.

I couldn't believe it. I had spit all over him and he thought it was hilarious.

"That." breath "was" breath "so" breath "hysterical." He breathed out and then raised his face so he was looking me in the eyes. 

He was smiling like crazy, but then I realized how close he was. His nose was practically brushing mine and his breath fanned my face in little white puffs as it met the cold air.

I shivered.

My coat was still inside. We had left everything in there, but honestly I only dragged him out here so he could pull himself back together. We were causing such a scene inside and I didn't want to ruin my favorite hangout place because I had a nervous, crazy moment with this hot guy.

But really, come on Issac Rush jus told me he's coming to my high school! How can I not freak out? I couldn't swallow that sip of latte. It was a spit-take situation. It was partly his fault for springing the news on me while I was drinking.

"I- I'm sorry I spit on you..." I whispered, my smile small and shy and I couldn't think of anything except the light dusting of freckles he had over his nose and across his cheeks.