Pink Turtles

Harrison's golden eyes met mine and I was nearly knocked to my knees at the sheer amount of hotness that radiated from him.

Yes, I am going to use the word "hotness".

He wore a sleek (expensive looking) leather jacket and a pair of crisp new jeans.

"Harrison," I whispered a blush creeping up my neck.

"You look gorgeous," Harrison said a grin spreading across his face as his eyes took me in.

"So do you." I breathed out and he laughed lightly and I couldn't even be embarrassed by the fact I had just called him gorgeous. I just giggled back at him.

"I'm sorry if I'm late, my older brother called from college and my dad tried to get me on the phone with him." I shrugged.

"No, you're not late." He took me in once more and his eyebrows furrowed.

"Do you think you'll be cold in that?" he asked I looked down at my outfit.

Actually...

I probably would.

"No, I'll be fine, let me just grab my coat." I said quickly ushering him into the house so I could shut the door. I didn't want to let all the warm air out of the house. I heard my mom, bustling about in the kitchen as I headed for the coat closet. Hopefully, she wouldn't ambush my date and grill him on all things parents do before first dates. I suppose the fact that Gabe wasn't here was a blessing. Didn't need the nurse in the house asking him about STDs. Not that Harrison had any... Perhaps I was lucky I didn't have a dad around to threaten Harrison with his baseball bat or shotgun. Goodness knows that would be a disaster. I plucked my heavy camel-colored pea coat off the hanger and a hunter green scarf, knowing that I wouldn't get cold wearing that.

After I checked myself once more in the hall mirror I headed back to Harrison. He smiled at me all bundled up for the chilly night, his golden eyes catching the light and weakening my knees.

"Ready?" he asked as I slipped my phone into my pocket and nodded. I told my mom I was leaving and that Sarah was upstairs and then rushed out the door before she could reply.

Harrison opened the passenger door to his car for me and I felt my heart beam. I watched him carefully as he rolled his shoulders slightly in the driver's seat and flexed his fingers before starting the car.

Was he nervous? I bit down on my lip to keep from grinning at the thought. Surely Harrison Cole wasn't nervous around little ol' me.

Oh god.

Barf.

Did I just refer to myself as "little ol' me"? What am I? 85 years old? Lord help me.

"You okay?" Harrison asked me because of the way my face was cringing at my own inner thoughts. I blushed looked over at him.

"Yeah, yup I'm fine." I smiled at the end of that very convincing (just go with it) string of words. Harrison's lips twitched slightly and I saw his eyes flicker in amusement before they shifted back to the road. There was silence for a moment after that before Harrison spoke up.

"You know, I'm really glad you said yes." I sat up a little straighter at his words and he continued, "Honestly I really thought I had ruined it." He laughed and it sounded a little forced, but I found myself joining in.

"Honestly?" I echoed, "I thought you did too." I whispered and there was silence again. We both ended up speaking at the same time

"But your apology was-"