Eavesdropping

Jerk Boy was staring at me. I licked my lips and kept my eyes on Penny trying hard to listen to what she was saying. He was meant to be listening to Finn, but was staring at me across the table and it was making my skin crawl uncomfortably. I let out a huff before turning to glare at him. He just smirked as our eyes made contact. I gripped my fork tighter and looked away. My eyes caught a glance at Harrison's empty seat.

I hadn't spoken a word to him since Saturday. What would I say though?

I was waiting for him to apologize, but he hadn't even come close. I sometimes caught him watching me in class, but he would just look away afterwards.

It was painful.

On Monday I had sat with Sarah at lunch and hoped that after what happened I wouldn't have to sit with them ever again... but on Tuesday Finn dragged me back to the Center Table. I grimace as I remember the scene we caused as he tried to pull me into the CAFF and I held onto the door. Needless to say it was Wednesday and here I was amongst them. Wednesday and my heart still jumped into my throat whenever I heard Harrison's voice. Today will be the day we talk. Not today though. Not today because there was another empty seat at this table. Liana's chair was vacant between Christina and Penny. My stomach twisted. I could only imagine what they were doing. No doubt they were together.

An image of them in the girl's bathroom making out against the stalls popped into my head and I had to close my eyes to block it out.

My imagination was too much. Why couldn't I be blessed with a black and white, emotionless brain that didn't over think things and didn't have a thing for beautiful eyes and adorable smiles? My heart clenched. Maybe John was right. Harrison would always follow Liana like a lost puppy. Saturday proved that. I don't care about what he said. It was obviously about Liana. He wouldn't kiss me because of her. What other option was there?

I felt a headache coming on and sighed.

"I think I'm going to head to the library guys, all these voices are making my head pound for some reason." I said standing up. The girls gave me concerned looks.

"Are you okay Monty? You look a little pale." Penny asked and Christina nodded in agreement.

"Yeah I'm fine, I just need to get some fresh air."

"See you in Spanish?" Christina asked and I smiled.

"Sure." Christina and I had Spanish together. I sucked at Spanish, but she was surprisingly amazing at it. I was thinking of asking her if she would mind tutoring me or giving me so tips on how to study the language better. I looked over to the boys and interrupted their conversation to tell them I was leaving.

Finn frowned at me.

"Do you want me to go with you, Tiny? I could take you outside if you want." My heart thudded for a second at his sweetness.

"Nah, its Okay. I'll be fine. See you guys later." John didn't say anything as the others said bye. He just looked at me curiously, as though he could see through me. I pushed thoughts of Jerk Boy away as I dumped my lunch into the garbage on my way out and headed for the library. I didn't even have to think about he rout to get there, my feet knew it by heart. I just wanted to get to library and to my back table. If I was lucky and had put my headphones in my bag, then I may be able to watch some of Issac's videos. 

Wait. No. I couldn't. 

That meant I would see what was happening with my selfie and I wasn't in the mood for that either. He probably thought I was some kind of bland pigeon by now. All the mystery of 'Jenny Stewart' gone. I couldn't even get lost in my green galaxy. It was weird how much I craved Issac's smooth voice in a moment like this. I imagined how he would hold me and tell me I would feel better soon, but the thought only made me slightly cold with absence of his warmth.