Crazy

Sarah lay sprawled out over my bed as I searched through my closet for something to wear later on my date with Harrison Cole.

Whoa.

Let me just say that again it sounded really cool.

My date with Harrison Cole.

Okay, I'll stop now before I sound too creepy and weird. Sometimes that happens and I don't even realize it has and it gets all awkward and uncomfortable, at least in my head.

Anyway, as I looked through my closet suddenly everything I owned seemed outdated or ugly or simply uncool. I had nothing to put on. NOTHING. Surely everyone has gone through this though, I mean there are only like five things a girl likes in her closet on a regular basis and it's just alternating those five things and hoping they're never all in the wash at the same time.

Except right then even those five things didn't appeal to me. I spun around on my heel and threw my arms up in the air, resisting the urge to drop to my knees and throw a temper tantrum like a 17-year-old girl never should.

Surely everyone gets those urges too...

"Sarah!" Her name came from my lips as a little squeal-y whine and she looked up from her book. Her short blonde hair in a tiny French braid, face framed by the little pieces in the front that couldn't fit. When she saw me her head fell to the side slightly and she gave me a look that said: Oh Monty.

"What is it now?" she asked and I whimpered.

"The same it was two minutes ago! I can't find anything to wear." I mumbled as I walked over to my desk and flopped down into the swivel chair that I loved so dearly. My arms hung limply over the sides and my head lolled forward so my chin rested on my chest. It was the ultimately defeated position.

"You know it's like twelve o'clock and he's not coming till six, right?" she asked raising an eyebrow. "And I need to finish this book for PREP by Monday." She said holding up what she had been reading. I groaned.

"I know he's coming at six! That only leaves us..." I trailed off and counted out the hours on my fingers. Sarah rolled her eyes

"It means you have six hours." She finished for me and I nodded.

"Exactly! Six hours to find an outfit that I don't own! I couldn't do that if I had forever, it's literally impossible. As for the book thing, you're the one who came over here. I didn't force you to come to my house for the day." I mumbled while biting my thumbnail.

"Oh please, Mon. You did all but barge through my front door and drag me out of bed. Although I would have come over anyway." She looked down and glanced up at me, an evil grin working its way onto her face, "You know maybe you should throw on some sweats and a t-shirt, he might just be taking you to a cupboard under the stairs." She said cheekily. I reached out to swat her arm.

"Sarah!" Sarah thought it was hilarious that Harrison and I kissed in the school's janitor's closet and wouldn't shut up about all the other hovels he could take me to on our date.

"What? It's possible! You don't know where you guys are going." She said in a singsong voice. It was true, Harrison hadn't told me where we were going... He said it was a surprise, but to dress warmly. I figured this meant we'd be spending some time outside. "Besides, why'd he pick a janitor's closet in the first place? Not very romantic Mon. He couldn't have pulled you onto a moonlit, dew-dropped football field or something?" I laughed and kicked her book out of her hands with my foot.