Flustered

Issac Rush was coming Clear Water.

The YouTuber.

And he told me about it. He honestly cared enough about me to to tell me that he was coming.

I honestly couldn't believe it was true and I felt like pulling my heart out and jumping for joy at the same time. Was he coming for me? To see me again? He'd told me he wanted to see me again, but with my schedule and school and everything it wasn't really possible. Then again, when he'd asked to see me again I'd thought he'd been joking.

If I was being completely honest up until this point I'd thought that everything he'd said and done had been some kind of joke. Like he was gathering material for a video to be entitled: How To Get A Girl to Love You. Or something along those lines.

Not that I was in love with him, or at risk of falling in love with him. Well I mean in some way I did, how could you not love Issac Rush? Millions of girls already did and I wasn't anything special, nothing to stand out from the crowd. Just a small town girl with a charmingly handsome and popular small town boyfriend. Living a pathetically small town life. But I loved him in the way you love a hobby, ice cream, or a neatly organised desk. It wasn't a passionate, realistic love that would go anywhere. Be anything. Nothing to be ashamed of, just a fangirl love.

Harrison was the boy I was actually in love with, and I was already dating above my station at that. It wouldn't be fair to set my sites higher. Right?

No. It was poor to think about myself like that. Yet, it was realistic...

I shook my thoughts away as I fumbled to come up with a reply to his text, but my brain was fuzzy and my heart was pounding and I could still hear the music from inside JINX. Every time I typed something I ended up deleting it and starting from scratch again. I looked up from my screen with a frustrated sigh.

Was Sarah here yet? I'd come outside because I thought Issac's text had been her, but since it wasn't I didn't really know if she was--

My phone shrilled in my hand, Sarah's name popping up on the screen again. I gritted my teeth and picked up, her words and tone from earlier come back to me now that I'd paused my fussing about Issac.

"I'm here. Where are you?"

Well, hello to you too, I grumbled silently to myself.

"I'm outside already."

"Well, come to the car park, I'm under the sign that says, JINX. Unless I need to walk up and get you."

"I'm not a child geez, Sarah. This is fucking ridiculous." I mumbled the last sentence, though I knew she heard she made no remark about it. I stomped to the parking lot, spotting her car in a matter of moments and when I did I hung up on her. She was in the middle of saying something. I didn't know why I was even letting her boss me around. She wasn't my mother.

I bit my tongue the whole way home. I didn't want to say anything I'd regret, but she'd had no problem talking at me. It felt like she was dangerously close to grounding me. Her words as I got out of the car in my drive way burned.

She'd looked at me with these big, fat, heavy blue eyes and said, "You're just not who I thought you were Monty."

With that'd she'd rolled away.

"Have you been crying?"

Ah, shit.