Forgiving Friends

Sarah had been with me when I picked out my dress for the Snowball, so it was only right that she came with me to pick it up. It was also convenient because she had to pick her own up from the same place.

The day at school had been... interesting. Needless to say Issac and the boys did not pick me up and give me a lift to school. I am ashamed to say that I hopefully waited about ten minutes for them just in case before I decided to drive myself. As a result I was five minutes late to homeroom. Issac was sat next some guy who I shared Geometry with, I think his name is Justin? Or Jude? Well whatever his name is, Issac was not saving a seat for me when I walked in. All I got was a quick glance before he went back to taking to J-guy. The little tug in my chest was sudden and unexpected, but I pretended not to care.

Surprisingly, Sarah was in homeroom and I was able to take my normal set next to her. She was quite for a bit before she apologized for snapping at me on the phone and being quite elusive recently.

"I'm sorry Mon. It was rude of me." She said. It was an effort to bite my tongue from asking her about what Christina had said about her and Finn. It wasn't the time or the place so I just told her not to worry about it and asked her if she wanted to pick up our dresses together.

The rest of the day was a mix of classes where I tried to not stare at Issac, while he ignored me. I was thinking he was starting to regret requesting my schedule and it was only his second day. I'd seen a couple freshmen pointing at him in the halls and honestly I was surprised it was taking them this long to figure out it was him. Or maybe they just needed to find the courage to do so. On the other hand a girl called Tina who wrote for the school's newspaper, The Greyworth Tribune, had blown Sutton's cover. She asked if she could interview him about when he met the President of the United States. He had politely declined, but suggested she write about the school's win over Clear Water in the football game instead and she had gushed to him about how smart he was and that she would definitely do that. Then she'd practically fainted when he gave her a rare smile and turned away. I would know because it was in History and I was sat right next to him trying not to laugh.

"You know that wasn't a very original idea. She would have had someone else write about the game anyway." I whispered to him and he chuckled lightly.

"Yeah, but now she'll write the story instead of pawning it off on someone else." He replied with a wink. Sutton was actually a really nice guy, and a lot deeper than you would think. He's the only one out of the boys who is talking to me as of right now. Cory doesn't seem mad at me, per say, but he's stuck to Issac's side since the football game on Monday and Issac has had no desire to speak to me.

I can't deicide if that's my fault or not.

Is it on me to speak to him first?

I feel like the ball is in my court, but I'm a wimp and can't bring myself to say sorry to Issac. Not that I'm not sorry, I've never been more sorry in my life. I barely made in through the game to see Greyworth win. It was so cold; it felt like my tears were freezing in my eyeballs before they could fall. Penny was shooting me worried looks the whole time since I probably looked like I'd seen a puppy flattened by an SUV, but she didn't ask and I didn't offer up an explanation.

Finn had scored the winning touch down and had been thrown in the air by the team. He had been so happy, afterwards. It was like he was high. And then once he got to the after party he actually did get high. Harrison had been very touchy feely, probably because he was so excited by the win and I feigned excitement for him. Kissing him back and running my fingers through his hair, but all I could really think about was Issac's dejected expression and his green eyes glistening like glass.