chapter two.

Here goes nothing. I begun walking to the main room. Mum and dad were there with the Napier family. My stomach was in knots. My legs felt weak.

"Ahh here's our beautiful daughter" dad eased bringing me close

I smiled weakly. They all looked wealthy and official, like they knew they had money and make that known by everyone.

"Honey meet maxwell and Daisy Napier' dad smiled

I shook their hands but the young man caught my attention.

"Meet my son---

But Maxwell was cut off..

"I'm Jack Napier" he smiled offering his tanned hand filled with rings.

"Isabella Robbie" i smiled shaking it firmly.

we locked eyes. his were truly something. they were light blue with hints of silver which sparkled in the sunlight.

We smiled once more and from then I knew I could like him. Even if he was in his twenties and I was sixteen...

He was broad structure , black hair slicked back with sun kissed skin complementing his white button down perfectly paired with black smart trousers.

He looked at me up and down with a dominant glare.

"Can I call you Bella?" He asked

"Yeah most people do' I smiled

He smiled at me.

~~

In the conservatory we sat at the dinner table. I was sat opposite Jack.

"So Maxwell how's your business?" Dad asked him.

"Good. All the money is rolling in.." He answered "i mean we have all the weapons we need"

"Which makes you a target.." Dad answered

Me and jack glanced at each other. Jack placed the glass of wine to his lips and did a quick eyebrow lift at me , breaking the glance.

"My Darling Bella is a month away from finals' mum admitted

"You been revising?" Daisy asked

"Yeah. All year" I admitted placing my hands in my lap.

"What do you want to do?' Jack asked making me look at him.

There was a pause I was too busy admiring him.

"Erm...a fashion designer" I admitted "or psychiatrist but that's quiet unrealistic..."

"No its not' he said lacking expression
"I mean my grades will pick which one" I said

"Hmm" he said as if he wanted to end this conversation.

The conversation carried on between the parents until dinner. The maids brought out the food and believe me it was good.

"What do you do jack?" Mum asked him.

"Oh just the weapon store down the road and then business with dad" he answered "don't worry I don't use guns"

"That's good we don't encourage guns" she eased

Jack nodded and continued eating.

~~

After dinner the conversation continued.

"We all know Gotham is toxic , the villains deserve to be shot..." Dad begun

"Villains are people too" I begun "they've just been hurt in the past"