chapter eleven

I allowed Mister J out his jacket again. He sat comfortably on a sofa. In black trousers and a white shirt with long sleeves.

"How are the voices?" I asked

"Insane and chaotic" he answered "telling me to murder people..."

Making hand gestures and met my eyes.

I shuffled the cards in my hands

"I was thinking we could do a inkblot test" I admitted

I pulled up a card and showed him it. He studied it hard.

"Batman's blood spilled over the roads" he admitted

"Very descriptive" i admitted

I held up another one and he screwed up his face then met my eyes...looking angered and frustrated.

"My father's eyes' he growled "take that away!. Now Bella.!"

I quickly put it down and watched him tense.

Holding up another.

"I see..." He begun . his eyes flickered from me then the inkblot then me again. "You! Your eyes!"

I wrote all them down and continued with a few others

"I've gathered from my notes and the inkblots that the main ideas in your mind is Batman's death, your abusive father and me" I explained

J went to say something but a loud gunshot like explosion happened down the hall way making me jump. Then another. The emergency siren sounded where we both jumped up. Until screams and yells were heard . echoing through halls and bouncing off walls.

"That's my ride outta here" j grinned standing and barging open the door.

Smoke filled arkham. Gunshots echoing

"You coming?" He asked

I looked around and instantly panicked..not thinking I agreed and followed Mister j through the crowds and smoke. Guards and inmates fighting.

We were joined by henchmen. Preferably Mister J's.

joker loaded two guns and passed me one.

"Every used one before?" He asked

I shook my head.

"Oh well first time for everything' he sighed

Suddenly the floor beneath him collapsed making him fall to the third floor.

"JOKER!" I yelled

"I'm alright" he groaned "now go! meet me on the roof!"

I nodded and begun running in black heeled boots. I felt numb and weak . a lot of exits were blocked off so short cuts had to be made.

It was beginning to fall apart. Rubble begun forming and satanic laughs filled the air.

Arms wrapped around my chest making me weak and panic. Realising it was grigs.

"Get off me!!" I squirmed

"I die you die, understood" he growled

Straining I squirmed out his grip. Facing him. With all my strength I managed to knock him out with a kick and punch with the handle of the gun.

Running and jumping over rumble flames burst through windows.

Painfully I was pulled to the ground by bricks and a ditch pulling me down. My whole shin and calve was trapped. I felt blood oozing out and my bones aching due to force. I screamed and tugged at my leg realising I could get up to the roof within two minutes. Struggling, I pulled my leg out. Bruised and bleeding I limped for the roof.

Hobbling and practically dragging myself up the stairs.

Eventually I hit the roof. It was noisy and chaotic. Realising Mister J had left me for death. I lost him again.

Gripping my skull , Almighty gusts of wind blew against me. Making it difficult to stand.

the joker in his helicopter.

Guards had already closed in on me.

"OH HA HA HA" joker laughed loudly shooting his machine gun

He kicked down a rope so it dangled down.

"Come on bella" he demanded "JUMP!"

"are you crazy!? I'll die!" I yelled

"No you won't.. Now come on!" He demanded "NOW!!" 

Slowly I felt it difficult to breathe. So without thinking i headed for the rope. Picking up a jog I ripped off my lab coat leaving me in a black mini skirt, fishnets and a black vest instantly feeling the cold air biting at my skin.

I smiled widely and the jog turned to a run. But painfully i felt two needles being fired in my lower back making me feel numb but i wouldn't give up.

Fighting the numbness j opened his arms.

"C'mon Bella" he grinned

Lurching myself off the building , my legs flung back i gripped on the rope. Swinging out where i tangled my legs around. Watching arkham burst into flames beneath me.

Luckily Mister J pulled me up safely. A hand holding the handle above us. His arm around my waist. My hands gripping his shirt. Our lips were inches away.

But my vision became fuzzy and my hearing became muffled.

"Mister J i don't feel too good" I groaned.

My legs buckled beneath me. Falling to the floor.

"No...no no..." Joker panicked holding me in his lap "frost help me!"

Until I couldn't hear anything or see anything.

I hadn't given much thought into how I would die. But dying in the space of somebody I loved seemed like the right way to go. But did I love Mister J? I was convinced I was just obsessed and he had brainwashed me. Why did I even jump on this helicopter?

Thinking was no longer a option anymore. Everything went black. And when i say black i meant pitch black. No light was visible... I was convinced I died....