chapter fifteen

Saturday night

No luck came about for a job. It didn't look like Bella reve would take me in. I guess I should kiss goodbye being a therapist and go back to nightclub jobs. And worst of all it had been a few days and no contact with Mister J but I get it. He's the joker he has shit to do.

Anyhow I pulled on my dress for tonight

Meeting my parents at their homeI really didn't wanna go

I really didn't wanna go.

"You look lovely" mum smiled

I smiled and got into their car to take to the restaurant . I was sat in the back messing about with my phone where I clicked on the contacts. Jokers number. I smirked and text him

B: very smooth Mister J. 😏x

I got a reply back instantly

J: no kitten..you should have a password..😊

B: I will now x

J: I'm seeing them x's Bella x

B: you were supposed too x

He didn't reply after that and good because we arrived at the restaurant.

I was introduced to Edward.

"You must be Isabella" he grinned going to kiss my cheek but I leaned away stopping him.

"Yeah you must be Edward" I said

Then frost appeared. His eyes widened and closely admired me. I gently shook my head with a stern gaze.

The parents and Edward walked in front and frost lingered back with me.
"What's going on?" Frost asked "your their daughter!?"

"Yes and you can't say anything!" I hissed "they can't know about me and mister J!"

"I didn't even know you were their daughter. They never speak about you." Frost explained

"Frost please don't say anything" I begged

"I won't" he said "I work closely with your father!"

"He never mentioned that! Does he work with the joker?" I asked

"Sometimes"

"Oh fuck!" I spat

We started approaching our table

"Stop stressing . I won't say anything" frost eased "besides you look nice"

I smiled and we sat. Me opposite Edward. The parents spoke whilst me and Edward did.

"So I hear you've just gotten out a relationship" Edward spoke

"That was five year ago I don't speak about that. Besides we weren't in a relationship" I explained "just friends"

Edward was broad structure. Brown hair in a flowing quiff with brown eyes and fair skin. No tattoos. Dressed smartly.

"Ahh" he said "well i prefer a girl is in work and sophisticated"

"Is that a dig at me!? It wasn't my fault--"

"No Bella. I'm not digging at you at all. I'm simply stating you. " he said "your in work aren't you?"

"Not anymore. I worked at arkham.." I begun

"You were involved in that arkham war. how dreadful " he stated

"Yeah...it was dreadful" I lied

"So ...are you single?" Edward asked

"This is so dumb. Our parents setting us up on a 'date' we're in our twenties" I argued

This caught their attention. I stood to my feet. Edward looked at me in disgust . frost however look alarmed.

"Enjoy your meal. It was lovely meeting you all but I'm not doing this" I explained "I'm twenty five years old . I don't need relationship support!"

I stormed out and sat outside. On the small wall. My jacket around my shoulders. Crying to myself. I didn't know why. I guess frustration and sadness. The fact that I was being controlled and mum thought it was easy for me to move on.

Sniffling to myself.

I heard feet behind me..I turned to see frost. I wiped my face.

He walked close hands in his pockets.

"Hey....you okay?" He asked

"Fine and dandy" I sniffed wiping away tears. Watching it fall down my hand.

"What happened in their?" He asked sitting beside me.

"Just people. I don't want a relationship with anybody else. I want Mister J. I want him to protect me. He's right for me! But I can't say that because of course they won't fucking approve so they hook me up with some posh prick" I explained hearing my anger in my voice "so yeah I'm fucking brilliant!"

Frost sighed and tensed.

"Shall I take you home?" He asked

"Yes please" I pleaded.

Getting into his car he turned up the heating where I laid my head against the window.

"Kid. Listen. Mister J wants you too. That night you stayed was the best night of his life. He loved it. I've never seen him that happy that before" frost explained

"I just had the idea that I have to bottle things up " I said "I don't even know if mister j wants to help with my problem's or even listen"

"That's for you to decide..." Frost eased.

I watched him drive and wiped my face once again.

"Your actually quite supportive you know" I eased "you listen"

"I try my best" he eased

~~

He dropped me off where I walked indoors and showered. Crawling into bed just watching Gotham. Slowly my eyes closed.