chapter seven

Sorry i'm doing alot of time skips

Like always days passed and I hadn't seen Jack. He wasn't working with dad and I hadn't seen him around Gotham. He was pretty silent. A week passed and no sigh then two weeks still no Jack.

"Hey dad...?" I asked

"Yes"

"What's happened to jack?" I asked

"What do you mean?? He's taking a break ...he'll be back in a few days' dad explained "why do you ask?"

"No reason I was just wondering" i admitted

But truth be told ...i was missing him. And I was getting worried about him. Especially since what he's been saying lately.

~~

So jack returned. Looking worn and sick, bags underneath his eyes. His voice worn and rusty. Now he'd carry a gun in his blazer. He never used to do that and quite frankly he was ignoring me.
No smiles or gazes. Just a look then he'd carry on working.

"Jack.." I said

But he got up and walked out joining dad. Its like I was invisible. I know I shouldn't be making this about me because he's going through shit but it was bothering me.

That night he came for help I helped him out of the goodness of my heart and we kissed. We had a moment. He couldn't say he didn't feel something. We'd just forgot about it completely.

Until one afternoon he was making coffee in the kitchen. Just staring aimlessly at the liquid in his cup whilst stirring.

"Jack...can we talk?" I begun

He had to focus on me for a while. Like he was trying to make out who i was. Until he rose his eyebrows and looked back down at his cup.

"What is it Isabella?" He asked

"Do you wanna tell me what the hells going on?" I asked

He looked at me sternly "please explain what you mean?"

"You look ill! Your ignoring me and its not like you" i begun

Jack breathed deeply and looked at me up and down. "You want the truth?"

"Yes' I begun

"Truth is...I'm feeling shitty. I'm tired Bella. I don't want this life, my life isn't a gift from god  its torture sent from Satan. I'm lost, done and alone. I don't have the strength to keep fighting this endless battle. I ain't gonna lie and say suicidal thoughts Havent crossed my mind ...because that have..." Jack explained "not only do I have depression kicking my ass but I have little voices in my head...I can't hear them properly their all talking over each other..."

"Don't say that!" I begun "but you have schizophrenia ...you need help, fast!"

A light insane like laugh escaped his lips "what good is help"

I went to say something but he interrupted.

"Now excuse me Isabella but i have work to do..."

He walked off to join the others outside. That was why he opened up to me that night in my room. It seemed like he trusted me...like I was the only one he could talk too without being judged, hurt or laughed at. It broke my heart it truly did.

Tears begun to sting my eyes until they begun to fall. But quickly wiping my face when I heard dad call to bring out the papers.

Jack looked at Me. His face dropped when he knew I'd been crying..

After a while the men left but jack stuck around. He stood a few center meters away. I ran into his arms. He tensed at first but held me tight against his chest. A hand on the back of my head the other on my back. His grip was safe and secure , his warmth embracing me.

"I'm so sorry Bella" he begun "i shouldn't have told you!" 

I didn't say anything but pulled off. Looking into his eyes. He glanced down at me with a stern gaze.

"I gotta go but if you need anything here's my phone number and address" he explained handing me a piece of paper.

We let go. I nodded and took it in trembling hands.

"Please say something Bella"

"I don't know what to say" I admitted "you've scared me"

He sighed and kissed my cheek.

"Don't worry about me okay" he insisted

"That's not really an option.  Is it" I argued

"I'll see you later" he sighed walking out.

I watched him walk out in his suit.  It sounded like jack had given up.