chapter eight

Due to stress and worry i walked to Jack's house to check on him. Double checking the address and walking up to the penthouse. Knocking on the door and waiting a few minutes.

No answer

So I knock again...

No answer

A third time.

No answer

"Jack...??" I called

I rolled my eyes. He wasn't at work today. So me being me walked around the back. Slowly opened the back gate.

The garden was fine.

But the back door was completely open.

I froze in the doorway. Preparing myself to go in. My legs felt weak and it was like my feet was stuck to the floor. I couldn't move.

"Come on Bella. Don't be a coward"

Noticing a baseball bat propped against the wall. I picked it up. Positing it ready for defense.

Walking in. The place was beautiful but it was messy. Empty alcohol bottles laying around some smashed and some still in tack. Two guns on the table...no bullets. Pretty defenseless.

"Jack??" I called "please come out. Its scaring me"

Entering the bottom of the stairs, looking up. Bullet shots up the wall.

My stomach dropped and instantly felt sick. I wasn't ready to see jacks dead body.

Luckily the whole house was empty. I replaced the baseball bat and pressed in jacks number on my phone.

Five times I tried calling. No answer. It went straight to answer machine. Not even dialing the number which meant he had his phone turned off.

Even his car was still in his garage.

"Excuse me..?" A voice called.

I turned to see a older woman approaching me. A grey shawl around her shoulders. Her hands clasped together.

"Yes." I answered

"Are you looking for the young man who lives here."

"Yeah. Does jack Napier live here?" I asked

"He does " she answered "he left late last night. At about midnight"

"Do you know why?" I asked

"Not really love. I only heard a few yells and gunshots then he walked out" she explained "I called the police right away. He hasn't been back since. Hopefully they took him in"

"What!"I argued "he's ill! He needs mental help"

"Then arkham asylum will shape him ...'

"No!" I argued "no no no! Not arkham!"

"I can see your distressed...do you want to come in?"

I looked at her sternly...sort of like jack did to me.

"No its fine. I'm fine" I lied "thank you for your help"

I got in the my car. Threw the back end around quickly and drove too the police station. The only one in Gotham city. Across the street from arkham.

I entered roughly and rushed to the desk.

"Can I help?" The male asked

"Please! Have you took a man named jack Napier in?" I asked

"In the last twenty four hours?"

I nodded

He checked over records and papers. Then the computer and latest fingerprints.