chapter nine.

2 month later.

UPDATE: JACK NAPIER FOUND DEAD.
the headline didn't surprise me...I saw it coming but that didn't stop me crying myself to sleep every night. Or constantly breaking down over memories .

Slipping into the same black dress I first met jack in for his funeral

You could call me obsessed but I call myself loving.

Anyhow I pulled on black flats and a small grey shawl around my shoulders with of course the necklace he gave me. Feeling broken and damaged i joined my parents downstairs

"You ready?" Dad asked

"Yeah" i lied putting on a fake smile

"That dress..?? Didn't you meet jack in that?" Mum asked

"What's your point?" I argued

"Nothing..."

~~

At the funeral for someone who felt like he had nobody... At least twenty people turned up. I didn't know any. Feeling my stomach drop the casket was brought in but suspiciously closed...like nailed shut. So we couldn't see him once more.

"Dad. Why is the casket already closed?" I whispered

"I don't know.." He admitted

We listened to the prayers and speeches from friends even my father and mother.

"Anyways I think Bella my daughter should say something..."

I looked up at dad and mum urged me up. I stood at the podium.

"Well..i don't know where to start ...me and jack may have had a age gap but we were still best friends who were inseparable... We did everything together. He helped me pass my exams and sometimes seemed like the happiest man on earth but when depression and others hit...they hit hard.." I felt my voice cracking. "His world crumbled as did mine when he left, its lonely without him but then I think...maybe he's better this way...he wouldn't of survived in arkham. Even though he was the strongest person I met..."

Tears started falling until they were uncontrollable.. Hands shaking and my heart broken.

"But I know.... I know...he'll always been with me and he'll always been there when I need him"

I stepped down and sat , mum wrapped an arm around me. Gazing at the coffin....why wasn't it open?. Why couldn't we see him?

His casket was lowered into the ground. It hit me hard that jack was gone for good...the one person who i could talk too an maybe the one person who i loved....left...just left. He was completely numb if all he could do was suicide... That took a lot of strength...

Five years later.

I guess I became a Psychiatrist at belle reve the second asylum of Gotham city helping multiple patients so since I was 'so good' I got moved to arkham asylum. I'd been working there for a month and let's say it was terrible. Patients were tortured and integrated.

In my black heels and white lab coat. I walked to the small room ..examination room if you will. Sitting down and waiting for my brand new patient.

I gazed down at the file. Not opening it but his name was on the front .

The joker.

I'd only heard bad things about him. Especially since he was the prince of from of Gotham city. Striking terror into civilians and other gang members. The bat had finally caught him after ages of chasing and fights. Personally I never saw or met him.