chapter eighteen

Walking home through Gotham streets. The atmosphere was tense and dark. I kept my head down and walked the direction of the street lights. My arms folded against my chest, supporting myself.

Men puffed cigars from doorways whilst counting money so I kept my gun on hand. Hearing my heels on the pavement.

Cars racing past with loud engines and radios. Quickly crossing the road I finally reached home.

My heart rate finally calmed down.

The house was silent. Henchmen had gone home. Calmly I pulled off my shoes placing them down

Walking upstairs ,the office door was creaked open. Gently I opened it but it turned into a forceful push due to a chair being behind the door. The whole place was was trashed. The desk up turned. Papers everywhere. Punches in the wall along with gun shots with draws turned over . then Mister J laid down on the floor, one leg straight and the other in a bent shape, a arm above his head the other down beside him. Eyes shut and breathing heavy. Two guns beside him.

"Joker?" I asked walking slowly to his side.

He didn't answer. His chest rose up and down.

I sat down and laid down beside him.

"Did I bruise you?" He asked breaking the silence , turning his head to me

Our eyes locked.

"I don't think so" I said

"I don't think I'll ever forgive myself!" J admitted "I'm so sorry kitten"

"What did you do to the office?" I asked

"Hurt everything around me.." J begun "because I hurt you"

"You didn't hurt me..." I lied

"Why are you lying?" J asked "If I didn't why were you crying"

I went silent and stared at the ceiling . j closed his eyes again. And breathed in deeply.

"Exactly" he sighed

"I'm sorry too mister j" I admitted

"What for?" He asked

"Not understanding you..not understanding that you felt pain too" I explained

We locked eyes again and I felt a stray tear run down my right eye.

He placed a hand to my cheek catching it. Feeling the cold metal on the skin.

"Don't cry doll" j said "mister j doesn't like that!"

I placed a hand on his forearm. Sitting up together. I planted my lips onto his with passion. Running my hands up his arms until he gripped my jaw making me look at him. Dominantly but no pain..

"I love you" he managed to say

"What!?" I asked shocked "you...

"Yes I love you Bella" he admitted "always have always will"

"And I love you Mister J. " I smiled

He smiled and slammed his lips onto mine. Finding his suit jacket I slipped it off him gently. He pulled off.

"Bella...are you sure?" J asked

"Yes" I admitted "besides... you made me wait in the club!"

J grinned and picked me up. Legs around his waist holding onto him.

~~

Activities in the bedroom turned into a heated make out session with me only in underwear. J still dressed in his suit trousers. Kissing me dominantly. Laid beside his well toned chest. Running a hand up my thigh , moving my panties aside.
Slipping in two fingers without warning. Gasping I parted the kiss and locked eyes with mister j.

Pushing his fingers upwards.

"J...!" I moaned loudly gripping his wrist .

"That's it kitten!" He purred "don't hide them pretty noises!"

Moaning loudly , he watched with a smirk.

~~

Laying against his chest, his fingertips running up and down my side. I was tired and weak. J however watched me catch my breath

"You okay?" J asked me

"Yeah" I breathed

He grinned and planted a soft kiss on my forehead.

~~

J was busy working in his office so I took a walk to the pier. Sitting down with my legs dangling over. Listening and watching the waves. How they flowed effortlessly lapping up against the tall wooden legs of the pier. Today wasn't exactly cold . it was mild and still. Cloudy sky but warm waves of air. Gotham was actually quiet today for once.

"Who is the beautiful girl..?" A voice called making me jump. But I soon realised who It was. Not needing to turn around.

I smirked as he sat beside me. Dangling his legs over.

"Having fun?" Joker asked

"I am" I admitted "care to join me?"

"I'm afraid I already have my dear" j purred "what ya thinking about?"

"How could you tell?"

"Oh I donno ...maybe how your staring into the ocean" j said

I rolled my eyes and intertwined our fingers.

"Just how this was my favourite place as a kid. Especially when the funfair came. It was always so fun" I explained "I'd always wanted to jump off this pier and feel the thrill.."

"Then Let's do it!" J said

"Your being serious..?" I asked

"Course I am" j admitted "come on!"

We stood up where j pulled off his suit jacket. I pulled off my jacket and looked down

"Don't worry I'll hold your hand" j grinned

I grinned and held his hand. We walked back a bit.

"Are we actually doing this!?" I laughed lightly.

"You said you've always wanted to do it..so yes" j grinned "ready!!?"

"You go first.." I said

"Fine I will" j grinned

running and jumping off the end in a diving position.

Fuck he actually did it.

"Your turn bells!" He called up "waters lovely"

I grinned. Begun running coming closer to the edge. It was a long way down but I jumped off . my body hit the water. Swimming and reaching the top. I joined j.

"You did it" he grinned

"Fuck its cold" i said wrapping my arms around his neck.

We kissed deeply. Leaning back he gripped me closer. Grabbing my waist and lifting me so I was above his head looking down. My hands on his shoulders.

"Did you enjoy the thrill?" J asked

"I did mister j" I admitted

He grinned placing me down we walked back up.

~~

That night it was chill. No meetings. No heist's just me and mister j. Cuddling me on the sofa watching the television together.