chapter six

That night I pulled on a black skinny fit skirt. Thigh length with a white blouse a few buttons underdone. A pair of black pumps. Ready for work.

All night I served tables, cleaned them and pulled pints occasionally making small talk. The club was loud and chaotic. There was a VIP booth in the top. Gold and black beads hanging down , it was a good view to watch the dancers. They were really good, they moved swiftly. Moving there hips and legs, squatting down and back up with smirks and sexual gestures.

A girl in a black and gold dress danced. Her movements were insane. Jerks and shakes with swift hair flips. Her hair was white, curly with blue on one side and pink on the other matching her colored eye lids and red lips. She was really pretty..she made me look like a downgrade

Anyhow I carried on working . doing everything I needed to do.

~~

A few days passed and I could work more often since I finished school. But one night I had a free house since mom and dad went out together.

In shorts and vest with my hair in a bun I finished up my food when a knock on the door startled me. I froze and thought about answering. Taking a look through the spy hole. Jack.

I opened and he was a state.

"Can I come in.?" He asked holding his ribs.

"Yeah'

He was hurt. A bleeding cut through his eyebrow, one through his lip and a black eye. His hands smeared with blood. Not a lot .mostly on his fingers. Bruising under his jaw.

"What happened?" I asked as he sat down at the kitchen table.

I got a drink of water for him.

"Fight with father" he said taking a drink of the water "thank you"

"Its fine and do you wanna talk about it?" I asked getting the first aid kit. Sitting beside him.

"What are you doing?" Jack asked

"Helping you" I admitted

I begun soaking a gotten pad in pure water .

"Well I go see mum because she wanted to get her something so I come back and..." Jack explained

I started wiping the cuts , my other hand on his shoulder.

"Dad is hurting mum. He's hurt her. She was bleeding. So I got involved and a fight broke out. Dad throws fists and glass...threw two bottles of whiskey over me" jack explained "but in the end he came off worse. I'm not the one with a broken wrist'

"That's awful..." I sighed

"I needed to get out...so I came Here..." Jack begun

I wiped at the cuts with antiseptics

"Fuck..." Jack groaned

"Sorry...it may hurt" I sighed

Jack sighed and allowed me to finish.

"Where's your dad now?" I asked

"Hopefully in a hostel for the night.." Jack admitted.

"Good. You did the right thing you know'

"Do you think? I couldn't of handled it better?" Jack asked locking eyes with me.

"No. You did right" I smiled "all done"

"Thank you" jack thanked

"Shall i wash and dry your clothes because that alcohol will stain and your kinda stink of it" I explained "whilst I'm doing that you can go shower if you want...showers usually help everything.."