Prologue

"So... That's it. You're leaving me." Isabella was leaning against the door frame, arms crossed over her chest, while watching her best friend pack up his things.

"Jeez. You're making it sound like we were a couple and I'm breaking up with you. Reminder! I'm gay aaaand just retiring." Gaz took some used paper from his desk and threw it, basketball style, at the trash bin next to Iz. He missed but it didn't bother him, he only smirked and gestured for Iz to pick it up.

She sighed and threw the bunched up paper into the bin with a bit to much force, almost making the bin fall over. "Yeah, yeah. Hilarious Gaz. Ok then. I'll repeat. You are retiring and leaving me. Better?"

"Yes definitely." He looked up from where he stuffed the last of his things into a box. "Awww come on Iz. Scared that you'll be defenseless? Become friends with IronMan... He'll protect you." Gaz winked at her, knowing damn well that she was single.

"Gaz! Shut it!" The brown haired woman hissed back at her friend. Dating was at the very back of all her worries right now. "No... Not like that though... Now I have to find a new partner or at least someone who will keep me sane in this hell hole." She rolled her eyes but internally she was a bit terrified.

Gaz sighed and picked up the box, walking towards the door and stopping right next to Isabella. "You'll be fine. This is S.H.I.E.L.D. What could do wrong?" Smiling, he patted her on the shoulder and left, leaving Iz standing in the room.

'You have no idea Gaz...' She thought to herself. She had seen it all. The good. The bad. The lies... It would never go away. Haunt forever.

Isabella sighed and walked out the room, not looking back.