Ch 14

This may seem like a lot for a summary, but this is about half of the original text. I can't bring myself to summarize An Luo and An Ze interactions too much. I want to be able to come back to read and enjoy this too.

Maybe the temperature is set to low on the air-conditioning, An Luo has not slept well. He always feels a kind of strange cold lately, the cold feeling doesn't decrease even wrapped tightly in a quilt.

He keeps seeing the woman in the picture, fleeting images of life with her as his mother. He dreams of the day of the accident feeling the panic and hearing himself yelling for his mother.

An Luo suddenly wakes from the dream, sitting upright from the bed. He sees a pair of deep black eyes. 

"Brother, what's wrong?" An Ze sat by the bed, stretched out his hand and gently touched An Luo's forehead. 

"Nothing, just nightmares."

An Luo twisted his head to avoid An Ze's hand. He's pale and panting for breath from the intense dream. His clothes are messy, buttons undone, revealing a large white chest. An Ze' eyes were deep as he watched the pale, disheveled, panting An Luo.  

An Luo calms his racing heart and finally notices his messy state, and notices the way An Ze is looking at him...he gets embarrassed and hides under the covers.

"In the future, before you come into my bedroom knock, this is the most basic courtesy."

An Ze said, "I have knocked, you did not answer."

"..." An Luo lazy to argue he tries to turn away but An Ze gently pulls the arm. "What's the with this injury?"

An Luo has whip mark injuries all over his torso. They have mostly healed but still stand out in sharp contrast against his pale skin.

An Ze pupils slightly shrink, silent for a moment, reached out a hand to gently touch the wound, "still painful?"

"If it is you, would you mind this small injury?"

Anze did not speak, but the look on his face had already spoken the answer. 

An Luo said, "Neither do I." He's endured far worse in his past life, after all, even has been shot before.

"Take me to the bathroom, I want to wash my face."

An Ze listened to his command. With a smile, he gently picked him up and placed him in his wheelchair then pushed him to the bathroom.

An Luo said, "You can go out first."

An ze didn't go out. An Luo glanced at him, "So, you're going want to watch me brush my teeth?"

An Ze nodded.

Then he really stood there, looking at An luo brushing his teeth as if he were watching a serious military exercise. An Luo ignores him, washes his face and brushes his teeth, after finishing said, "Take me downstairs."

An ze leaned over to pick him up, pulled his hand from under his leg and suddenly stopped, looked up at him, smiling smile," You don't seem to mind me carrying you downstairs today? "

"Because I don't want to crawl downstairs with my hands like a zombie," An Luo said. 

An Ze imagined that scene, can't help smiling, "My brother can tell cold jokes."

An Luo said: "I did not tell jokes."

"Well, this is even colder."

"..." An luo too lazy to refute.

An Mo sort of teased An Ze for waking An Luo up so early.

At breakfast father also commented that he doesn't need to get up early but he was happy to have breakfast together.

There is some news in the paper about one of their companies. An Luo curious, asks if all is well with the business. Father says he doesn't have to worry about these things right now just focus on healing. Everything is being handled. So An Luo drops it and eats breakfast.

An Luo asked to be moved downstairs today. An Ze offers to directly switch rooms. An Luo refuses and asks if there are any free rooms he could use. Father says there is.

After breakfast, An Yu went to work, An Mo went out with friends Only An Luo and An Ze left at home.

The servants quickly had a room ready for An Luo, decorated to his instructions.

Suddenly, An ze opened the door and closed the door. His face is calm, do not see any emotion, whispered, "We could have just switched room, why all the effort?"

An Luo did not speak. An Ze looked at him and asked, "You hate sleeping in my bedroom?"

 An Luo silent for a while, this just looked up and said, "An Ze, come closer."

 An Ze frowned and walked to An Luo.

An Luo beckoned him to come nearer, An Ze comes near enough to feel each other's breath. After a long while of this ambiguous closeness, An Ze finally questions, "Brother?"

An Luo whispered very close to An Ze's ear, "I suspect that my original bedroom, has been bugged."

"......" An Ze's face is cold but the feeling of An Luo's warm breath in his ear felt soft as if feathers gently brushed the bottom of his heart.

An Ze looked up, An Luo maintained a calm, but serious look. 

"I don't want you to be tapped, okay?" he said.

An Ze nodded and leaned into his ear and whispered, "How did you find out?"

An Luo said, "Intuition."

An Ze silent for a moment, "that is to say, you just rely on intuitive judgment, and there is no evidence?"

An Luo was a little unhappy by An Ze doubt, but also can't refute An Ze conclusion. 

He has a feeling, he must have been watched. Otherwise, how could he have been kidnapped and not found for three days with the police not finding any clues?

Yesterday when he picked up the photo frame, An Luo keenly found that the frame is laminated. There were traces of it being opened. He had a hunch it had been tampered with and bugged.

An Luo decided to tell An Ze what he suspected, "I found ..."

An Ze suddenly turned back. Originally wanted to turn toward An Luo's ear but, too late to stop, lands a solid kiss to his brother's lips.