ch 28

The celebration for grandfather is being held in one of the families luxury five-star hotels. At 10:30 A.M., An Ze's car drove to the Hua An hotel parking lot.

The banquet is festively decorated with lots of red. A large number of friends, family, and business associates are in attendance. No media is allowed inside and security is very tight.

Speeches are given. 

An Luo is happy for the change of scenery after being in the hospital so much. An Ze and An Luo are joined by the other brother's. An Yan is overdramatic about seeing An Luo as if they haven't met in ten years. An Mo is gentle and well behaved as usual.

An Yan smiled, loosened his hand and said, "I find my brother seems fatter than before. "

An Luo, "Fat bad?"

An Yan quickly clarified, "Of course good, brother looks healthy and still perfect model body material."

An Luo felt he was being overdramatic again and ignored him.

Ann Mo is still very gentle, only to An Luo smiled, said, "Brother's complexion is a lot better."

An Luo nodded, "Yes, thanks to An Ze's excellent care."  and looked back at the An Ze.

An Mo and An Yan looked to An Ze slightly startled at An Luo's praise.

An Ze smiled, "Brother is too generous, I've only done what I should."

An Yan kicked An Ze under the table and lowered his voice to his ear, "Hey, he actually spoke for you, have you succeeded?"

An Ze ignored him. 

An Yan gave him a bad smile, "Did you get to use what I sent you? That's brother's special gift for you, the latest French product, very good, right?" 

An Ze said, "You shut up."

(Pretty sure An Yan is talking about that lube! XD So it was from An Yan. Is he trolling him or cheering for him?) ب_ب

An Yan continued on a different but related topic?

"Eldest brother is already 27, with no girlfriend. You may not be anxious about this An Ze but grandfather has been looking for a suitable woman for you.  Did you know?" 

An Ze's brow wrinkled tighter, "you mean Xu Wan?"

As the two brothers are talking, suddenly heard a crisp voice, "An Yan?"

Really speak of the devil. An Yan smiled gracefully and said, "Is this Xu Wan?  It's been so long and you are all grown up now, I almost didn't recognize you." 

Xu Wan came and smiled and said, "An Yun you still have a sweet way of talking."

An Yun said, "If you are here your brother must be also?"

"An Yun is talking about me?"

Next came a dull sound. An Yun raised his head, suddenly seeing a pair of familiar eyes. Maybe it's a silver-framed glasses. The effect of the man's sharp sight through the lenses is cold.

An Luo recognized the Xu Shaojin, who had acted with An Yun in the movie Endless City. Recently, the news claims An Yun and Xu Shaojin are fighting."

In the eerie atmosphere of a sudden stillness around him, Xu Shaojin calmly takes out a card and pass it to An Yun, "A friend of mine is a fan of yours, could I please get a signature for them?"

An Luo face smiles a little stiff, a long while to squeeze a sentence, "I did not bring a pen."

"Here I have one." Xu Shaojin took a pen out of his pocket and handed it to An Luo with the card.

An Luo signed and returned it.

Xu Shaojin looked at the card, took back his pocket. With a warm voice left a sentence, "Your handwriting is very beautiful, it will be a good collection."

"......"?

Xu Shaojin stopped in front of An Luo's wheelchair and stretched out his hand toward An Luo, "long time no see." 

An Luo also reached out to him and shook his hand, "Hello."

Xu Shaojin leaned over and stared at An Luo's eyes and asked, "I heard you lost your memory."

An Luo frankly, "Yes, I lost my memory, also do not remember you."

Xu Shaojin smiled, "Good, do not remember the past, you can wipe everything clean."

An Luo gently frown, "What does that mean?"

Xu Shaojin shrugged, "It's no fun since you don't remember. My name is Xu Shaojin, is your high school alumni. Also one of your few friends, of course, that was long ago." 

He gave his contact information to An Luo then and told him to feel free to contact him anytime if he wants to get to know each other again. He then turns to leave. "Let's go Xu Wan."

Xu Wan seemed hesitant like she wanted to say something "An Luo..." but she soon followed her brother away to another table.

Ann Luo felt suspicious of them, the way Xu Shaojin spoke gave him the impression he knows something, the tone of the speech just now was not very friendly.

Sitting at the side, An ze sees An Luo has been frowning, "Brother don't mind, Xu Shaojin's way of speech is always mean, not against you."

At this moment, the hall suddenly sounded a warm applause, rounds of congratulations are being called out as grandfather nears their table.

An Ze, An Yun and An Mo stood up and said respectfully, "Grandpa, congratulations and happy birthday."

Grandfather is also in a wheelchair, recovering from the stress-induced heart attack from An Luo's kidnapping incident. He is wheeled up next to An Luo, lightly patted the back of An Luo, "You see, Grandpa also accompanies you today in a wheelchair, in a few days, Grandpa is good, can stand up. When you can also stand up, let's go for a walk." Then he clenched An Luo's hand and whispered, "don't be impatient. Don't be sad, the future will only get better."

An Luo looked up and found that there was a woman standing next to Grandfather who looks every bit a classic, charming oriental woman, low-key elegant. 

An Luo didn't know who this is, looks to An Ze for an explanation. 

An Ze leaned over his ear and said, "This is my mother, you always call her aunt."

An Luo looked up to her, "Aunt."

Everyone occasionally chats about the situation, a meal is very calm, it seems An family is really close to each other.

But An Luo felt a little weird, father and Aunt rarely make eye contact, An Mo always head down appearance, An Yun wears an odd kind of smile and An Ze is completely silent.

On the surface, a harmonious family, seen in An Luo's eyes but feel false.

The family is preparing to leave. In An Luo's ear suddenly came grandfather's voice "Xiao Luo, go to the bathroom," said the voice.

An Luo looked up but found Grandpa's eyes are toward the door as if he hadn't spoken to An Luo just now. An Luo felt doubtful but decided to follow the instructions, "I'll go to the restroom first."

An Luo turned the wheelchair toward the bathroom, he suddenly felt he was prey in the sights of a hunter. He quickly bent his head down and turned the wheelchair. Immediately after he moved a loud bang was heard. A bullet wiped An Luo's ear flew over, shot a vase in the corner. "Ah ..." the scene burst into a scream and suddenly fell into a mess.

The sound of the shattered voice, the sound of people's screams mingled, the noise making his ears buzz. Brother.

There was a familiar voice in the crowd, with anxiety and even panic. Seems to be the voice of An Ze ... 

An Luo would like to go back to tell him, don't worry, brother I'm OK. But he did not have the strength to turn back, his sight gradually became blurred, consciousness fading.

No, the bullet did not hit me, why is this?

Before losing consciousness, An Luo's mind suddenly came up with a word: tranquilizer. Perhaps, the other party does not want his life.