Chapter 4: "You guys were destined to be together."

I got out of my chair and started reading Lady Macbeth's soliloquy. Since there were only two of us, Levi read the part of the messenger and Macbeth.

"'My dearest love,'" he read. "'Duncan comes here tonight.'" When he was done with reading his lines, I read my ones.

Half way through going through the scene for a second time, the bell rang. "You going to your first lesson?" Levi asked. I shook my head. "Do you wanna go through this one more time?"

"Sure," I replied. "I don't exactly have anything better to do." He smiled. We went through the scene a few more times before we got tired and sat down at the table, and started talking, getting to know each other better.

"You're friends with Josh?" he asked. I nodded.

"And he's your potential stepbrother?" I asked. He shook his head and I raised an eyebrow in question.

"There is no potential. He is my stepbrother. My dad proposed over the weekend."

"Congratulations. Have they picked a date?"

"Thanks. Not yet," he said. "They want both of us to graduate before they think about actually tying the knot."

"How long have they been together?" I asked. As the words settled, I realised how nosy I sounded. "Sorry, I'm prying too much."

"It's cool. We are married so I'm not too bothered. They've been together for almost a year. They've been working together since before Catherine," (Catherine was Josh's mum), "Separated from Josh's dad, then when she became single, my dad asked her out and they've been together ever since."

"That's cute," I smiled. "Do you like her?"

"Yeah, she's really nice. And it's good for my little sister, Liv, to have a mother figure in her life."

"That's good to hear. I know this is a weird question, but where do you keep your ring?" I pointed at his empty left hand.

"Sock drawer, you?"

"Same," I said.

"And what about the certificate?"

"Same place. Sock drawer." We'd decided that I would keep the marriage certificate as his little sister regularly went through his room. If she or anybody else found the ring, he could lie about it, but he couldn't with the piece of paper. It was strange to hear that we both kept the ring in the same place. We talked until the end of the hour about different things, then walked together to our English lesson.

Mr. Taylor took his place at the front of the room and started to talk. "Since you guys will be "performing" next week, I'm giving you this lesson to practise. Off you go." Surprisingly, the hour went by pretty smoothly. I think our group may have been the most organised; the girls that were playing the Witches kept laughing every other line, a group that had been given a scene towards the end couldn't remember what scene they had and were too scared to ask Mr. Olsen and another group had decided to try and rap the Shakespeare lines for unknown reasons.    

I decided to skip third period and hide in an empty room. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and saw a message from Kelsey.

 I pulled my phone out of my pocket and saw a message from Kelsey