Chapter 9: "I am who I am. Even if I am stupid."

"GET UP! IS HE HERE? I HAVE QUESTIONS AND HE HAS ANSWERS. LET ME IN LUCAS OR I SWEAR TO GOD YOU WON'T LIVE TO SEE ANOTHER DAY!"

"Calm down, woma-" I pushed him out of the way before he finished speaking. I walked straight into the living room, where I found Levi snoring on the sofa. I tried waking him up normally but it wasn't working so I filled a cup with water, from the kitchen, and poured it over him. I really wanted some answers.

"I'm up! I'm up!" he yelled, jumping off the sofa. "Oh, it's just you." He looked at me and sat down again.

"I have questions about the night we got married," I said, getting straight to the point.

"Wait, you guys did what?" Lucas asked. He'd been standing against the wall, watching everything unfold.

"Don't act surprised. He told you yesterday." I pulled out my phone and played the video.

"Oh no," Lucas groaned. "I completely forgot about that part."

"What are your questions?" Levi asked, not bothered about what I'd just shown him. I started to comment on that but changed my mind and didn't say anything. I'd had the whole bus journey back home to think about everything I needed answers to.

"First question: who dared me to get married to you?"

"Jamie. He knew I had a crush on you but he didn't know that you did everything you were dared to do."

"Seriously?" Lucas asked. "You are allowed to say no if they're ridiculous."

"Butt out. I am who I am. Even if I am stupid. Next question: why did you agree?"

"At least you know," I heard Lucas mutter under his breath.

"Honestly, I don't know. I don't know what I was thinking but being married to you is not the end of the world for me," Levi answered.

I ignored the last part of what he'd said, even though it made me happy hearing that and continued asking my questions. "Fine. Next question: where did the rings come from?"

"The clothing and accessories section of the supermarket. I found the receipt in my pocket after I went home and I didn't really know if it was necessary to tell you so I just left it."

"Number four: Who was the witness?" There was no way we'd have been able to get married if we didn't have a witness.

"No one we knew. It was somebody that was just there. You asked and they said yes."

"Last question. How long have you liked me and why didn't you ever say anything?"

"That's two questions," he smiled. I didn't smile but just waited for him to answer. He cleared his throat and said, "I had a small crush on you when we were kids but then I got over it. Sort of. I started liking you again after that day in the library when we were practising for English. And I never said anything because you're with Miles."

I'd gotten my answers in less than ten minutes. I didn't know what to do or what to think. I'd been standing the whole time and after hearing everything, I knew I needed to sit and process but I couldn't do it front of Levi and Lucas. Without saying anything, I left and went next door, back to my place.

"Hey, you're back!" mum said from the living room.

"Mm-hmm," I replied. I sat down on the sofa next to her.

"Did you eat?"

"Mm-hmm."

"Are you okay?"

"Mm-hmm."