Chapter 27: "Is clingy Fallon back?"

a/n: wattpad really needs a 'like comment' feature. @ wattpad please get on it. also this book might go on forever. i thought i had an epilogue ready but i don't want to leave it on a cliff-hanger. i might. who knows? another also: i don't really know what this chapter is but thanks for reading it :))))

**********

"Can you believe it's already graduation?" Vanessa asked whilst putting the finishing touches on her makeup.

"Yes," I sighed. "I've been at that place for the last four years. I want to get out."

"In case you forgot, you've missed more lessons this year than over the last three years combined," Kelsey added. "You've not spent a lot of time at school this year. I don't know how you're graduating."

"Levi's not a very good influence. And I'm graduating because I'm smart. You don't need to be at school everyday to get a good grade in your exams." I said.

"I'm right outside this door. I can hear everything you're saying," Levi said from outside my room. Sighing, I opened my door and asked him what he wanted. "Your mum's calling the three of you downstairs to take pictures."

"Let's get this over with," I sighed for the nth time.

*****

I threw my graduation cap in the air with the other students. Turning to Levi, I grabbed the front of his gown and pulled him down to my height. "We did it!" I shouted to get my voice heard over everyone's screams of excitement. I planted a kiss on his lips and hugged him tight. "We did it!" I shouted again.

"Now we can move in together," Levi said. I rolled my eyes, hitting him in the chest.

"Is that all you can think about?" He nodded. I shook my head at him and started to look for our families.

"Hey," Levi asked. His voice was more quiet than before but I could still hear him.

"Hm?" I replied, still focused on looking for everyone.

"Would you consider graduation as an occasion for me to do whatever I want?" he asked, referring to our conversation from a couple of months ago. I stopped in my tracks and turned to look at him. I could see the laughter in his eyes and kicked his shin. "Ow!" he rubbed his leg. 

"I'll think about it," I replied before running towards my parents who were walking this way. I hugged them both as they congratulated me. I turned around to call Levi but found him with his family. I didn't realise I was staring at him with a smile on my face until mum pointed it out.

"You really love him, huh?" she asked. I nodded. "And you're both still set on moving in together?" I nodded again. I'd brought up us moving in together over a dinner. Dad wasn't too bothered by it - he knew we were both adults. Surprisingly, mum hadn't disagreed. She hadn't agreed either, but it was a better than a complete no. "Tell me if you need help moving things."

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. "I know this is you supporting me moving in with Levi, but why does it sound like you're kicking me out again?"

Mum shrugged as dad put an arm around her shoulders. "I don't think she'd ever kick you out again," dad said. "You should have seen the state of her. It was like living with a zombie." Mum hit him.

"I think I had to go live with Levi or I never would have learned to be independent. I mean, I can cook now. Sort of."

My parents pulled me into a hug. "We love you. Remember that," mum said.

"I love you guys too."

*****

We'd all planned to go to a restaurant but cancelled when I'd accidentally mentioned to Levi that I wasn't feeling too good. Levi had made a big deal and said he'd cook at home for everyone, so we'd all gone back to our place. Since we didn't have enough seats, Levi and I were sitting on the floor and Josh and Liv on the bean bags. Our parents had somehow managed to fit onto the sofa.

"Josh, I swear to god, if you don't keep your fork on your own plate, I will murder you using mine," Liv shouted. Josh mocked her. Liv put her plate down on the coffee table and jumped up but Josh was already running away.

"Can you two please behave?" Cath pleaded.

"Are they worse?" I asked. When I lived with them, they would only argue over dinner but it escalated into death threats involving utensils and one time, chicken bones. Instead of answering, Cath gestured towards them running around the house. 

"Watch this," I said as I got up of the floor. "Fifty," I shouted so Liv and Josh could hear me.

"Not me," Josh screamed as he ran back into the living room and sat down on his bean bag. Liv stomped her way back.

"I don't have anything," she muttered.

"That's fine. I'll wait," I smiled and patted her on the head. I sat down on the floor again. Levi was laughing and the parents all looked surprised.

"Teach me!" Cath exclaimed.

"It won't work," Levi said. "The four us came up with it because we were arguing over something stupid. You yell a number between one and one hundred. Out of the people arguing, the last person to say 'not me' has to pay whoever said the number. I still owe Josh £70. Liv owes me £25. Josh owes Fallon £5."

"I was feeling kind that day," I shrugged.

"And Fallon owes me £100," Levi finished.

"That you're never getting," I muttered under my breath.

"Would be it strange to say I'm proud?" my dad asked, making us all laugh.

Levi and I cleaned up, refusing help from the adults. We wanted to show that we could do things by ourselves. Although, I did end up jumping on Levi's back, in the kitchen, at one point to avoid washing up.

"Is clingy Fallon back?" Levi asked as he washed the dishes with me on his back.

"This is 'avoiding-the-chores-Fallon'," I explained. "She doesn't want to do any work but can't really go sit with the others or they'll think I've left everything for you to do."

Levi loosened my grip and I jumped off his back. He took a hold of my hand and trapped me in between his arms against the kitchen counter. "Isn't that what you're doing though?"

"Yeah, but they don't kno-"

"Just kiss and get it over with," Liv interrupted from the doorway. Levi sighed and moved back. I would be lying if I said I wasn't slightly disappointed with her timing.

"Whatever it is, hurry up," Levi said.

Giggling, Liv said, "Thank you for dinner. We're going now." Levi grabbed the roll of kitchen towels and threw it at her. She ran away, avoiding it.

"I'm going to go see them out," I said. Levi puckered his lips as I passed him on my way out of the kitchen. I covered his mouth with my hand. "Later."

After everyone left, Levi followed me into the living room, asking for a kiss. "It's later now."

I reached my arms out for him and complied. "Happy?"

"Very."