Chapter 23: "What did you do to my husband?"

It had been a week since the day mum had invited Levi and I home for dinner, and I'd met up with her almost every day after school. Yesterday, she'd asked if I would move back in. I'd said nothing for five minutes and then told her to give me some time to think about. I'd been living with Levi for almost two months and I'd gotten used to seeing him and his family everyday. A small part of me didn't want to go back.

"No matter what you decide, it's not going to change anything between us," Levi had said when I told him. We were sitting on the sofa, Levi's head on my lap, watching TV at his place. "Keep doing that. It feels nice," he added as I ran my fingers through his hair. His eyes slowly closed and soon he was asleep. I traced his features with my finger and kissed his nose.

I rested my head against the sofa and though about the pros and cons of staying with Levi and moving back home. Pros of moving home: I lived my whole life there; my parents; it's home. Cons: I was kicked out; Levi won't be there.

Pros of staying with Levi: Levi; they're family; they looked after me. Cons: my parents aren't there; I always feel like a burden even though Catherine and Rob had repeatedly told me I wasn't.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I must have fallen asleep because when I opened my eyes, it was dark outside. I followed the music coming from the kitchen and found Levi dancing and cooking. He was mixing something in a bowl and hadn't noticed me yet. I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his back, closing my eyes again.

I felt Levi jump slightly and smiled. It was fun to scare him once in a while. "What are you making?" I asked.

"Dad, Liv and Catherine are all on their way here and Liv wanted to eat cake, so I'm also making a cake. They want to see what the place looks like now." Levi and I spent a lot of our free time here, so slowly we'd started to make it look like our place. We didn't have much furniture, but we'd started to put up pictures, and I'd hung up the painting he'd gotten me. We also had some of our clothes here. They were in a pile on the floor, in the room, since we didn't have anywhere else to put them.

"Why are you so clingy?" Levi asked. He was taking the baking tray out with me still behind him.

"Get used to it. I'm not leaving you until your family gets here."

"I'm not complaining." I could hear the smile when he talked. I started planting kisses on his back until he told me I was distracting him. And then I continued. I just wanted attention. "Let me put this in the oven and then I'm all yours." He knew me well. I let go of him and pulled myself up onto the kitchen counter.

"You look sooooooo good," I said, looking at Levi.

Levi stopped cleaning up and looked at me. "What do you want? And don't say nothing. I know you want something."

"I don't want to move in with my parents but I - this is going to sound so bad - but I also don't want to stay with yours. I love them but I feel like a burden. They didn't ask to have me. I was dropped on them like a bomb. What if you and I move in here? Are we moving too fast? Maybe I'll just move in with my parents. Yeah. That's what I'm going to do. I'm going to move back home." Levi stared at me. I hopped off the counter. "I'm gonna go call my mum. Good conversation." I walked out of the kitchen and to the room. Climbing into bed, I pulled a pillow over my head and screamed into it, not caring if he heard me. I was 100% sure I'd messed everything up.

I heard Levi's footsteps walk towards the room before the doorbell rang. He opened the door and let his family in. I heard him show them to the living room, saying he'd go get me.

He opened the door slowly, and when he saw me lying in bed, he climbed in next to me. He put an arm around my waist and pulled me closer.

"Ignore everything I said in the kitchen," I said. I sat up. "Come on, they're waiting for us."