Chapter 18: "If we're having kids, they're going to have normal names."

It was finally the weekend and Levi had decided to take me out on a date much to my annoyance. I would rather have stayed in with him than go out to some fancy restaurant where I would have to wear an uncomfortable dress. "It won't be anything like that," he promised when I'd complained. "You're going to love this and if you don't, you can break up with me. And dress comfy."

"How comfy?" I asked.

"I'm wearing sweats." So I did the same. As we got into the car, Levi was carrying a bag, which he told me not to look into. "We've got to make a couple of stops. Wait in the car and do not look in the bag." First we stopped at the supermarket. He ran in and came back out in under 15 minutes. He put the bag in the back seat, then continued driving. He parked a couple of streets away and ran down the roads. Levi was back within 10 minutes, carrying another bag. He wouldn't tell me what he bought but I could smell that it was some sort of food.

After driving for another 15 minutes, we passed his house. Levi came to a stop in the driveway of a small house. He got out of the car and opened the door for me. As I looked up at the house, Levi had taken the bags out of the car and was unlocking the front door. "Come on in," he said, pushing the door open. I walked in and looked around.

"Is this the place you told me about? The one your mum bought?" He nodded. I followed him as he walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge. He took some things out of the bag and put it in the freezer.

"Go take a look. I'll get this all ready," he said. I walked slowly throughout the house. I found an air mattress in what seemed to be the bigger bedroom and made a mental note to ask Levi about that. Apart from that, both rooms were empty. The living room had a single sofa with mismatched cushions, a couple of bean bags and a TV with a game system connected to it. "When Jamie and I want to get away from everybody, we come here. That's why there's bean bags and the TV," he gestured towards it. Levi was carrying plates of Chinese food. "Hope you don't mind this. You never did tell me what your favourite food was and I didn't want to ask your friends, or I'd feel guilty about bringing my favourite food," he said, putting the plates down on the coffee table.

I laughed and said, "I love all food." Levi chuckled. "You ever sleep here?" I asked. He nodded. That explained the mattress in the other room. I sat down on the sofa next to him and we started to eat.

"We don't really see my mum's side of the family anymore but they keep this house, and Liv's, running. They pay for the water and electricity and then once I move in, I'll start paying," he explained.

"Just out of curiosity, when do you plan on moving in?"

"After university, maybe. Or when you're pregnant and we need more space," he said so casually, I choked on my food. He patted my back and gave me some water. When I could breathe again, I said, "You want kids? With me?"

Levi nodded, laughing. "I've got names and everything. Astrid for a girl. Arlo for a boy. Don't tell me you've not thought about it at least once."

"Actually, I have. If we're having kids, they're going to have normal names. Elora for a girl, Finn for a boy."

"Elora is not normal. Astrid for a girl, Finn for a boy." Levi compromised.

"Elora Astrid Turner."

"Oh no. You're not persuading me by giving our kids my surname. Astrid Elora Turner."

"We'll name the boy Arlo," I said.

"Guess I wasted my time making cookie dough," he sighed and continued eating.

"You did what?" I shrieked. I ran to the kitchen and opened the bags but found chocolate chip muffins, and when I opened the freezer, I found cookie dough ice cream. I opened the fridge and found the container. I pulled it out and grabbed a plastic spoon that Levi had brought. I carried the container back, sighing happily as I ate it. "It's so good. I can't believe you made this."

"I'm not you," he laughed. "I know how to work in a kitchen."

"By the way, how did you know about all my favourite desserts and my ideal date? I'm pretty sure I've not told you."

"Vanessa and Kelsey helped. You've got good friends," he said.

"I know," I replied.

"And an even better boyfriend."

"Is that what you are now? I didn't know we were that far along in our relationship,"  I laughed. Levi took the cookie dough away from me, and started eating it, saying, "If that's how you feel."

"Nope. I take it back. Best boyfriend ever. Definitely." I stood up to try and get the container back but he stood up and held it above me. I didn't think I was short but I couldn't reach the cookie dough no matter how hard I tried. "I give up," I huffed and walked away to the kitchen. I was starting to open the ice cream when Levi wrapped his arms around my waist, resting his chin on top of my shoulder.

"I'm sorry for taking your cookie dough. Here it is," Levi gave me the empty container. I turned around and smacked him with it.

"You ate it all," I cried. I jumped and tried to get him in a headlock but he put both hands on my hips and picked me up. Sitting me on the counter, he said, "Who do you think you are? You really thought you could beat me."

"I can," I said, nonchalantly.

"Prove it," he smirked. I pulled the front of his top, bringing him closer and kissed him. This was our first real kiss - I wasn't counting the marriage one (I couldn't even remember it), I wasn't counting the dare and I wasn't counting the quick peck I'd given him the morning after the night he'd stayed over. As Levi put one hand behind my head, tangling it in my hair, I smiled into the kiss and then pulled away. "Why?" Levi's face dropped. "I liked what was happening."

"I know," I smirked and looked down at my leg, where I could feel something poking it. "I beat you."

"At least you know it works," he said as he left the kitchen. I followed him to see where he was going. He threw himself onto the sofa and put a cushion over his groin. He groaned as he saw me and turned so his back was facing me. "Fallon, you're making this so difficult for me."

I dropped onto one of the bean bags. "I told you I could beat you. It was too easy."

Levi ignored me and muttered something incoherent under his breath a few times. He sat up and after a minute or so said, "We're fine now."

"We?" I held back my laughter.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. Do you want ice cream?" he changed the subject.

"I can never say no to ice cream." He went to get it and brought back two spoons. Levi opened it and put the lid on the coffee table. As we dug into it, I said, "Thank you. This has been the best date ever."

"It's been my pleasure."