Chapter 24

— Castle of Lions — 6 Hours Earlier —

Shiro's POV
It was 6 in the morning, the team all got up early so that we can finalise the plans to get Lance back.

I'm standing in a circle with everyone else, no one says anything, no one knows what to say. Soo...being the leader that I am, I step forward and begin to speak.

"So we have everything sorted but I just want everyone to repeat the roles your supposed to be doing, just to make sure you all know what to do, start with me."

"I will be going through the halls with Keith and Pidge to provide cover and support, once they are in I will head back out to help Hunk with the ships." I say with a confident voice, but I am a little unsure if I can pull it off.

"As Shiro said, I will be taking care of the ships outside and also providing everyone else with a path in and out." Hunks voice is unusually stern, but I guess that's because his best friend is prisoner to the Galra.

Pidge is the next to speak her role. "I will be going in with Keith, but I will head into the control system to shut it down and also gather information as always."

I look over to Keith but find that he isn't exactly focused on what is currently happening, I walk over to him and give him a tap on the shoulder, his head whips around in surprise.

"We are going over everyone's roles for the rescue mission, you ok?" I ask a little concerned for him.

"Yeah no I'm good Shiro, just thinking about what is happening to Lance right now." He responds glumly.

Then he answered the other part of my question/statement. "I'll be going in with you and Pidge. Once in, I will part ways and use the tracking device to go look for Lance, check places such as cells, experiment room and fighting arenas."

"Good, looks like we all know what we are doing. Let's get back our Alpha."

——————

Keith's POV
We made our way through the hallways of the main ship, it took us 4 hours to get everything sorted and everyone ready for this, also a few quick emotional breakdowns. But we are all here now, ready to get our friend back.

The place is dark and dimly lit with purple lights (of course its purple), the place is very cold. To be honest I can't feel it but Pidge is complaining so that how I know it's cold.

"Yo Keith, this is where we part ways." She says

"Ok, please be careful Pidge." I say expressing my concern for her. She nods and runs around a corner that I had no idea was there.

With that I make my way to the destination of the tracker, it is one hand and in the other is a map that Pidge gave me.

As I am running down the hall, killing any Galra or drone I see, I notice that I have already past the fighting arenas, that must mean that Lance is in either an experiment room or a cell. I come to a halt as I reach the experiment rooms, the device says that Lance isn't here but just to be sure I head inside.

The place is covered in blood splatters, and the burn marks of electricity are plastered on the walls. I have a look around without going any further into the room when I decided that he isn't here I continue on.

Instead of looking in any other places that the device does not say he is, I just go straight to the given destination.

I come to two black doors, I am at the location. I hear a faint sound coming from behind the doors, I gently push them open. The place is almost pitch black but I can make out a figure in one of the corners.

Lance.