Chapter 45

Third POV
Keith hadn't left the medical bay, he stayed there day and night, used the bathroom there and only ate when Honerva brought him food.
He kept true to his word, he wouldn't let anyone touch Caz (Caspian), he wouldn't even let them look at him without sending a harsh glare or a low growl.

Honerva was the only one who could get close, the reason for that; she is an omega and that makes her not a threat in Keith's alpha eyes. Hunk, Pidge and Coran would be able to sit beside him but never try to interact. Allura and Shiro, ha, not a chance.

1 month, 1 month the pod has been trying to heal Lance and the twin pups he was carrying. Lance's life was waisting away in there and Keith could do nothing to help. Yet.

As Honerva walked in a possible solution came to his mind, he started think hard as he was bottle feeding Caz, who would he get to help him?

"Are you ok?" Honerva asked as she placed a plate of food in front of Keith. She sat down beside him and gave him a light nudge because he was not responding to her question.

He looks up at her, his face was still contorted with thought. He glances back down at Caz and adjusted the position of the child. The infant gurgles as he continues to suckle on the bottle of milk, they had managed to collect some milk from Lance whilst he was in the pod, so that they could feed his pup with his milk; keeping that mother and pup bond.

Honerva had begun to eat her portion of the food she had brought in for them. She was so happy that she was out of the Galra empire. She had forgotten how much she missed living among her people and others alike, how it felt to be supported and cared about; believed and not being told she was a crazy old hag.

"Hey Honerva." She looked up at him. "Do you think there is a way we can remove a mark?" This question is something that she had been pondering herself for a while. She new that her fellow omega would never get better if he was still mated to Lotor.

There was one way she thought might work but it wouldn't be possible with Lances current mental state.

"I have one possible idea..." She hesitated, thinking about how to word her thoughts. "I don't think we will be able to do it though." Keith looked at her with confusion.

"What is the idea and why won't it work?"

"Well....the only way I know of, is to replace the mark with another alphas. To bite in the same spot." She explained as best she could.

"....and why won't that work?" He has a good point. In a normal situation this option would be simple but it wasn't a normal situation. This is a broken omega who doesn't trust anyone.

"Well in order for it to work the omega has to accept the mark, to want to be mated with the alpha, and with the way you said that Lance has been acting, I don't think that it will work." It was the truth, Lance was acting insane, he wanted a sadistic man. They were not going to let that happen.

They both looked up at the pod in front of them, when was he going to get out, and when he got out would be ok? Of course not that would be silly to think. He looks so calm and at peace, despite him being in cryo-freeze whilst he is healing, his hair is lightly flowing around him. He looked magical, like an angel from heaven.

"If we were to get him to trust someone (me) would it work?" Keith said eyes never leaving the omega and hands still feeding the pup.

"Theoretically, yes." Honerva's response brought him some comfort.

For the rest of the day the two of them sat in peace at the base of Lance's pod. Honerva spoke about her time before she met Zarkon and before she was consumed by quintessence. Keith truly learnt that she had nothing when she mated. They spent the time together until they fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I changed Caspian's name to Caz.
This is because it would make it easier for me to not get my two stories mixed up.

Hope you like it 😊
Have a great day or night 😊