Chapter 7 - Part 2

Tyler wasn't sure what happened. He was merely trying to make sure that she would be safe in her own house. Annoyed by her senseless reaction and frustrated with being snubbed, he was going to march off when he saw Marianne standing nearby.

He tried to stalk past her, but he should've known better.

Marianne reached out and grabbed his arm. "Ty, as much as you need your space, Kate will need hers. I know you're protective of the things you care about, but she's not a thing. She has her own way of thinking, and you'll need to learn to respect that and be patient."

"I'm trying to keep her safe."

"Not everything you care about will disappear in an instant, Ty. She is safe. You have the security up and running, and I'm always around the house."

"What about her house? There's no security there, and she lives alone."

Marianne shrugged. "She's here now. If you feel so strongly about that, then you should discuss with her, not decide for her."

He wasn't sure which was more frustrating; Marianne eavesdropping or the fact that she was probably right. Still, Kate didn't have to slam the door in his face.

Disgruntled, he went into the kitchen and was glad that there wasn't anyone else around the table.

Since Mr. Sawyer arrived, he hadn't joined them for any meals. Though he was probably staying over every night, Tyler hadn't seen him around.

Ryan and Joseph had gone to work. They had either extended their shifts or were crashing at their respective houses.

Dan was wise enough to stay away from him. Joanne, however, wasn't.

She had sent him quite a few texts and kept calling him all morning. Just as that thought came up, his phone buzzed and vibrated away on the table. Rolling his eyes, he picked it up. "Joanne, stop calling."

"Ty," Joanne's sweetened voice coaxed. "I just—"

"Stop calling," he repeated and hung up the phone.

_________________________________________________________

New parts will be uploaded every Tuesday! Do vote and add to your list if you've enjoyed reading!