Chapter 10 - Part 1

Tyler hung the towel over his shoulders as he walked out of the shower in his T-shirt and long sweatpants.

Kate sat in front of the desk, her hair still wet from the bath, transferring the photos and videos she'd taken onto her laptop.

He bent forward, leaning over Kate, to look at the photos. It was strange to see himself in some of them.

He never enjoyed taking photos, but she was having so much fun that he didn't want to be a wet blanket. "May I?" he asked, his hand hovering over her phone.

"Go ahead." Kate switched off her laptop and went to sit on the bed.

He scanned through the photos and sent several of them to his own phone.

Yawning softly, she stretched her neck, and her hand kneaded along the side of her shoulder.

He should've known it'd be tough on her. He shouldn't have taken them out on such a long ride. "Is your back aching?"

She flashed a sheepish smile. "A little."

"I'm sorry."

"It's my fault for not exercising enough. Don't worry, it's worth it anyway." She grinned and stretched her back.

"You're wearing your glasses again."

Once the week that she was supposed to stay off her contact lenses was up, Kate had immediately returned to them.

He preferred Kate in her contact lenses. Without the additional layer of glass, the radiating flecks in her eyes were clearer.

"I was afraid that I might fall asleep with my lenses in, so I took them out in the shower."

"Speaking of which, Joseph gave me the contact for the Lasik surgeon." He sent Kate a text before handing the phone back to her. "You should make an appointment. That way, you won't have to wear your glasses anymore. Especially since they're giving you headaches all the time."

"You sure are making a lot of plans for me."

He grimaced, realizing he was overstepping his boundaries again. "Sorry, I was just—"

"I was kidding. Maybe I'll go for it next year. Then I won't have to fumble around the mansion after the surgery and disturb the rest of you."

He sighed and said, "You should have it done this year, so you'll have someone to watch out for you after your surgery."

Kate yawned again and nodded at his statement, but he doubted she heard a single word.

Almost immediately after dinner, Kate fell asleep.

He switched off all the lights and lay in bed, browsing through the photos on his phone. A grin spread across his face as he thought about the day.

Choosing a photo that Kate had taken of them, he set it as his wallpaper and returned the phone to the table. He got back into bed and smiled, planning their itinerary for the next day.

_________________________________________________________

New parts will be uploaded every Tuesday! Do vote and add to your list if you've enjoyed reading!