C3| And the Angels Descend

New YorkPenthouseSophia AndersonNew YorkPenthouseSophia Anderson

New York
Penthouse
Sophia Anderson
New York
Penthouse
Sophia Anderson

"Go take a bath," My friend ordered.  "It'll help you relax. I'll order some chinese and by the time you're done the food will be here. Then we can talk some more. Okay?" Lena raised one perfectly arched brow at me while she stood at the door to my bedroom.

"Okay." I replied, with that she turned around and left the room. Maybe the jets would make me feel better. With a heavy sigh, I make my way into the ensuite and ran myself a bath. While running around for some relaxing bath oils I try not to think a about the messy I'd gotten myself into. Why wasn't I more careful, dammit?

Stripping out of my clothes, I pour in some soothing lavender oil and step right into the hot water. The powerful jets working magic on my tense muscles, I knew stress wasn't good for the baby but truth is I can't even call it a baby yet.

I really don't know what I'm going to do. How do I tell people I'm pregnant? I briefly wonder what my own mother would think about this. But then I stop because whatever it is, it would not be good.

After washing off the day I get out of the bath, I could hear Lena paying for the food and the delivery guy thanking her for her generous tip.

Drying off I head to my closet put on some white underwear and a blue singlet with grey sweat pants. Venturing out of my bedroom I find Lena sitting in the living room with a glass of red wine in her hand waiting for me with the food already set out on the coffee table.

As quickly and quietly as I could I sat down next to her and began stuffing hot noodles into my mouth with a fork because chop sticks and I don't agree.

"How far along are you?" Lena inquires jumping right while taking a huge gulp of wine.

Oh, how I wish I could have some hard liquor right about now. "Two maybe three weeks." I say grabbing the remote for the fire place in front of us and hit start. Slowly the air begins to warm up.

"But you and Lucifer broke up about a month ago, right?"

"That's right." His name made my heart race but it also made it ache, I miss him so much that sometimes it physically hurts to breath. I didn't even want to think about how he was going to react to all of this.

"So?" Lena pulls me from my overly depressing thoughts and back to our conversation. "He came by to pick up his stuff and I kissed him on the cheek as an end to our relationship and to say goodbye." I hinted, not wanting to go into the details, not wanting to think of him any longer than I had too. "And?" Lena taking no prisoners.

"And then a stork flew down from heaven and left a diamond in my cabbage patch, that eventually turned into a baby." I say casually to annoy her.

She shakes her head and she was about to open her mouth to reply with the elevator dinged.

"That's weird." I seriously hope none of our friends decided to drop by. I am so not in the mood for visitors.

"Not expecting any visitors?" She says getting up. "Wonder, who that is?" She questions. Shrugging I grab an egg roll and continue eating. "Fine, I'll get it." She said rolling her eyes. 

I started on a fluffy white dumpling as Lena moved to towards the elevator. The metal doors opened and I looked up only to see Lena standing shock still staring at the three men in my elevator, all wearing white shirts and black trousers. I couldn't see their faces but the raw power that flowed through the air screamed danger. And I'd only felt power like that once before when I was almost robbed while walking home with Lucifer.

It was a living breathing thing, the energy they fill the space with.

Something wasn't right I could feel it. A horrid ache settled in the pit of my stomach, power like that wasn't natural.

Then Lena was sailing through the air, like someone had tossed ball from one when of the room to another. She hit the glass book case on the far left of the living room with a terrifying thud. My heart stopped...

The world was spinning so fast I didn't think, I couldn't think I just reacted. Jumping up I raced towards my fallen friend glass cutting into my bare feet. But the physical pain was nothing in comparison to the sheer panic coursing through my veins.

"Lena." I whimpered as I reached her, the book case was destroyed there was glass and steel everywhere. Not to mention my book case was about twelve feet away from the elevator. It wasn't humanly possible to throw someone that far right? Right?

Lena was unconscious, she had a nasty gash on the side of her head, blood was slowly seeping out of it. Her shoulder looked out of place too, ignoring the pieces of glass littering the floor I droped to knees next to my friend. What do I do? What are you supposed to do in this sort of situation?

"She'll be fine." I looked up almost involuntarily as if summoned by a melody. An unnaturally beautiful man now stood in my foyer, behind him two others just as beautiful yet somehow they still paled in comparison. Something was very very wrong here? Who were they? What did they want? 

Fear turned my blood cold I'm a women alone with three men, who are clearly prone to violence. Shit.

"So, you're her!" The man spoke again, his voice a haunting melody of beautiful tones.

Quickly I check Lena's vitals not taking my eyes off any of them for even second. Lena's pulse was weak, oh god what am I going to do?

"Who the hell are you?" I ask trying to seem brave but his golden eyes like new born suns told me that he didn't believe me.

"I'm Gabriel, sweet child. I'm here to kill you." Instantly all air left my lungs and my air way closed behind it.

This man with eyes like sun and a face of an Angel, this person who I'd never met before, was here to kill me. But what had I done? I'm quite certain I've never seen this man in my life. And the cases I take on are all business mergers nothing that would warrant my death. 

"Why?" The question slipped from my lips before I could stop it. His beautiful eyes held genuine sadness. He did not want to hurt me. He was following orders that's much was clear. Think Sophia, think of a way to get out of this. 

He smiled as if he was about to do me a kindness and not murder my best friend and I in cold blood. Oh my God, he's totally crazy. 

"Because you are she, who carries the spawn of Satan!" With those words his eyes harden.

Froze in shock as he drew a long glowing sliver sword from thin air. I'm going to die and so is Lena and my... my baby.

No... no! He attack. I screamed and the world stopped. A moment suspended in time. Gabriel was two feet from me, frozen in mid-air his eyes slowly moving left towards the windows. But is body completely still and just as quick as the world stopped it started again with loud bang sending shards of glass raining down upon us.

It looked like a huge bird flew in through the window but I soon realized it wasn't a bird at all... But Lucifer!

My Lucifer and he had beautiful, powerful black wings. WINGS!

Like an Angel!

^^^^^^^^

Hope you liked it.. 

Do vote and comment