C7| Saved By D

Sophia Anderson

Sophia Anderson

Knight Office Building Penthouse

New York 

My heart in my throat I force myself to ask the question. "What do you mean my condition?" I swallow trying to clear my airway. Did he know about the baby? Why is this so hard, I'm a lawyer for crying out loud I'm being way too obvious about the fact that I'm hiding something?

"Sophia you were attacked last night and it seems you don't remember everything. I'd call that a condition wouldn't you?" Oh thank God. He doesn't know. Well then I think it's time I woman the hell up. No time like present.

"Lucifer! There's something I need to tell you!" He raised an eye brow in response giving me his undivided attention. I take a deep breath, this is it I have to tell him now. Okay, go!

But nothing happened, the words got caught in my throat. So there I was sitting dead still with my mouth open and nothing to say. Lucifer just sat there staring at me waiting for me to tell him, god he's beautiful. So beautiful I had to look away.

"Are you okay Sophia, you look sick to your stomach." My stomach? What if he figures it out before I can tell him? What if I suddenly get morning sickness and he wants to take me to the doctor? "Okay! So I'll just come right out and say it!" I say determine to get this out in the open. Amused at my determination Lucifer tries to hide a smirk.

Biting my lip I try to work up the courage to just spit it out and let the chips fall where they may. It's not like it could get any worse, but if I'm being honest I was deathly afraid of his reaction. Shaking my head, "No I can't do it. Let's just talk about something else, okay?" He smirked full on then. Dammit.

"Sure, take as much time as you need."

"What would you like to talk about?" He questioned. "No idea. . ." Well this is awkward. I look around the room trying to think of something to say other than 'I'm pregnant.' "So this is Knight Industry's penthouse huh? The colour scheme is a bit different then you're usual." He pinned me with a knowing look.

"So you understand now, why you've never been up here before." As if reading his mind I smirks. Feeling the awkwardness leave the room. My mood lightened a bit.

"Yeah, we never did make it up here, did we?" I blush remembering the times I would come here to see him and we'd end up ripping each other's clothes off as soon as we were left alone. "No, I believe you said the couch in your office, which is less than 4'feet away from your desk is too far away. So I highly doubt you would have been able to contain yourself the whole two floors it would take to get up here." I smile but then I remembered that because of couplings like that I'm pregnant now. And I have to tell him. Well shit!

"Contain myself? You make it sound as if you weren't a rather willing participate." He shot back his eyes running the length of my body. Straightening my spin squaring my shoulder I being to tell my truth. "Lucifer I'm... p-" The door abruptly opened interrupting me.