C17| That Place I never Thought I'd Go

Sophia AndersonApartment BuildingPenthouseNew York

Sophia Anderson
Apartment Building
Penthouse
New York

It took everything I had not to have another breakdown at the state of my apartment broken glass everywhere the furniture tossed all over the place and my book shelf in pieces. I mean sobbing in front of the cab driver had been enough.

Standing at the scene of the crime should have brought back memories of the attackers, their faces or glimpses of their face at the very least but all I felt looking at that shattered book shelf was horror at what had happened to my friend. Lena seemed to be okay which was quite the relief. I'd call her later to check in. Right now however I had to start cleaning up this mess.

At the moment almost everything in my life seemed uncertain. Whether or not my home was still safe? Would I ever feel safe here again? What am I going to do about work? And my monster ex Lucifer Knight.

Of all the horrible things to happen in the last three days his betrayal hurt the most. But apart from curling up into a ball and crying myself into a coma all I could do now was pick up the broken pieces of my life. Literally.

So that's what I did. Starting with work, I wasn't exactly in the frame of mind to be Lawyer Sophia Anderson. So I called in and booked myself off for the next two months. My boss really wasn't happy about it but as I had over five months of paid leave saved up he couldn't bitch about a measly two month holiday. Considering I haven't taken a day off since I started at the firm.

Once that was out of the way I got back to the real problem the enormous amount of shattered glass all over my apartment. Ignoring the fact I probably would never be able to sleep comfortably here ever again. If maintenance hadn't gotten it fixed by now then maybe they didn't even know about it. Guess I'll have to check in with them as well. But for now I needed to pack something's and decide where to go. Because right now this city did not feel like the safest place to be.

With that though firm in my mind I got moving. Lots to do in so little time. I had this strange feeling that Lucifer could show up at any second.

My bedroom was still a mess, I remembered its only been a few days since I found out I was pregnant and had my apartment broken into and my best friend hurt. Looking at this bed now, the white sheets all coiled into each other, pillows everywhere. It was the same bed I'd sort comfort in only days ago but now it didn't seem to offer the same sense of security. Much like everything else in my life.

No focus. I shook my head and went straight for the closet. Which was still in order thank the Lord. Grabbing my suitcase and a red off the shoulder bag, I began to pack. It took me less than 10 minutes before the suitcase was full and ready to go. But as I reached to close the zip I noticed the bruises on my arm. Crap, I was so caught up in my own emotions I didn't even notice. The anger red and deep blue marking on my forearm.

I'd ran out of Lucifer's place with out my cardigan and it had been a miracle when I'd found money in my back pocket for the cab. No wonder he didn't say anything to me when I was sobbing like an injured child in the back seat.

Guess I'll have to change my clothes. Readying a pair of soft blue jeans, grey t-shirt and a white hoody. It was only once I'd removed my clothes that I caught sight of my reflection. Red rimmed puffy eyes tear stained face and bruised arms, all in all my reflection was that of a wounded woman who'd lost faith in her ability to judge a person's character no matter how close they got to her.

Some lawyer I'd made. As I gazed onto my reflection as I wallowed in self pity. As I gazed at the pale woman in the mirror I also knew I wasn't alone and that even though I wasn't showing yet there was life growing inside me.

I was not alone and I could be strong, I would be strong for my baby.

Dressed and ready to go I stood in front of the elevator doors looking back at my ruined apartment

Dressed and ready to go I stood in front of the elevator doors looking back at my ruined apartment. I'd miss it, this place had more wonderful memories than bad ones but it had lost its sense of security and that to me was irreplaceable. Especially now with the baby on the way.

Everything was sorted I'd called the superintendent, double checked with security about the surveillance video of the men that broke in. I'd locked my home office and I would leave the key with the front desk as the firm is sending someone over to pick up my case files tomorrow.

Everything was set for my departure. Especially me. Though if I'm being really honest with myself, while I was ready to take a break from New York I also dreaded the place I was going...

Home!

------------------------------------------------------
A/N

Sorry for the long wait guys Hope you here enjoy...

Vote & Comment

Azalea 😋