C16| Huh?

Lucifer KnightKnight Office Building PenthouseNew York

Lucifer Knight
Knight Office Building Penthouse
New York

"Help me? By killing my unborn child, your unborn child?"

Huh?

They call me the great deceiver and to be deceptive means that your constantly thinking about the next move. All the ways someone could react to or detect my deception. Yet the greatest trick of all, seems to have been played on me. Some kind of comic joke.

In the moment it took me to understand what Sophia meant, in the second it took for her words, her anger and pain to sink into my skin. All thought ceased!

Unborn child! Unborn child! 'By killing my unborn child, your unborn child!'

That's impossible we can't have children. The Fallen can't reproduce. But it's all made sense Gabriel showing up to kill Sophia. Why Heaven was suddenly interested in my former lover. Talia!

Talia would know. The doctor bitch from hell. I need to find Talia. "Lucifer!" Talia head bowed her long red hair a curtain around her face. Well now, I don't have to track her down.

"My Lord I've concluded my examination of Sophia Anderson. All is well." Talia said lifting her head and staring at me with clear eyes. I could almost smile.

My outward appearance must have been fucking tranquil if she felt it was okay to lie to me. Me!

"All is well you say?" I mocked my anger starting the become clear. "Two of Hell's brightest healers say all is well. I can relax and get on with my day now, right?" Talia was a smart woman she put the situation together quite nicely so she understood that now was the time to explain.

"My Lord, Sophia Anderson is in perfect health... For a pregnant mortal." There it was... pregnant. Fuck, how did we miss this?

"Vivian!" I called and like very demon who valued their existence she stepped forth out of the shadows immediately.

"My Lord. How may I be of assistance?" Seeing her now I realised the seriousness of her offense and it was a great offense of both and Talia. It was an unforgivable sin.
Her misjudgment not only almost aided Heaven in their crusade against me but almost cost me a... Shit, Sophia will never forgive me. She honestly thinks I tried to abort her child.

'By killing my unborn child, your unborn child!'

The whole thing was a huge misunderstanding but that is a problem for another time right now someone had to pay for this huge fuck up. And separating Vivian's head from her body looked to me a much better picture then that broken betrayed look on Sophia's face.

But killing her outright would be to easy. No, she needed to know her mistake and beg for forgiveness and suffer because she'll never receive it. "A cluster of darkness in her stomach that defend itself and seems to be growing. That's what you said, no?" My voice shook the glass walls with the sheer force of my tone. Vivian immediately dropped to her knees.

"Indeed my Lord." Her fear filled the room like smoke from a fire. However I could not even enjoy that fear as my anger clouded everything.

Mortals often blame me for things that are entirely there own doing and it has never bothered me before. But not Sophia, never Sophia.

"Then, it never occurred to you that the darkness found there which originated from me. The darkness which grew inside her, belly of all places. It never even crossed your mind that that darkness was a child. My child!"

"I- I," Vivian stuttered trying to find her voice. With an invisible fist I slammed her into the wall. The blast knocked the air from her lungs cracking her open on the sleek black wall that stood behind her.

"Speak clearly demon. I do not understand incompetence." She did not speak, she could not speak as she choked gasping for air.

"And you," turning to Talia who'd backed away from me by at least 10 steps. "What do you have to say for yourself? Did you not check for yourself if the information provided by this fool was correct? Before you tried to give Sophia that injection?" Unlike Vivian, Talia did not lowered herself before me. Did not weep and now, she looked me in the eye. Green to blue and said, "I am not at fault we all missed it. Did I check for myself? Of course I did. Didn't you do the same and didn't you miss it as well." Grinting my teeth, my gaze turned lethal. "Up until 5 minutes ago. I believed it was impossible that we conceive... Children. But it seems we were all wrong and who's at fault here should be the main concern right now." Fuck, she was right. We needed to find Sophia before Gabriel did or worse Michael.

Even though I knew that someone needed to suffer for this and Vivian was the one to first make the mistake so it was time for her punishment. But Talia was right Sophia was out there alone and unprotected I needed to find her and bring her back, keep her safe.

As I turned to leave to go after her I remembered that horrible, hateful broken look in her eyes. She would not come willingly if I went to her now. I had to wait but also protect her. What to do? What to do?

"Talia. Leave. " I commanded. "I'll deal with you later." Not needing to be told twice she left without a word. Once she was gone the quiet room was once again filled with the sounds of Vivian's laboured breathing, the sounds of her skull being healed and her skin stitching itself back together.

"Master. I, I am -" She did not get the chance to finish speaking nor did she have to opportunity to cry out as I dragged her back down to Hell.
--------------------------------------------------
A/N

Vote and Comment

Lucifer!!On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara