C14| Sleep

Lucifer KnightKnight Office Building PenthouseNew York

Lucifer Knight
Knight Office Building Penthouse
New York

Allowing my mind to wonder, to be still to find the ever present link between the Angel of Death and I. The bond forged in blood in the ever present, looming darkness of the pit.

The connection was dark. Which meant he was a far away or distracted. I bet distracted, he wouldn't go to far with Heaven's host on our asses. Letting my mind brush right up against his I slam open the doors to his mind.

At first it was unclear, similar to a mortals eyes that have to adjust to the darkness. Blurry images, a table, broken wine glass, bright red hair.

And then I was seeing through his eyes. In an office building, pressed up against a work station. Death had a mortal woman face down on a desk, her dress thrown over her back and her shapely ass exposed for all to see. Damn it! That's not something I wanted to see.

"Hey, Luci come to watch?" He smirked stilling and staring out at the Seattle skyline.

"Death! Get your ass over here we need to talk!" I yell at him. The mortal woman moan in displeasure.

"Well as you can see I'm kinda in the middle of something, you mind checking in... well later!" I could her the smirk in his voice.

"No! Get your ass over here now!" Death rolled his eyes. "Fine give me 10 minutes." With that said he completely disconnected the link completely.

Bastard!

Sucking in a breath of cold New York air. There's so much shit going on I barely have a moment to think. Then again maybe I just need some peace and quite. Perhaps I should sleep.

Who am I fucking kidding I haven't slept since Sophia and I stopped seeing each other. Sophia. I should probably go check on her before Death gets here.

I knock lightly on the door, I wait for her. It didn't take more then a second.

"Lucifer, Hi." She was a vision dressed all in white. Thin cotton camisole and white cotton shorts. "Lucifer? Did you need something?" She asks towel drying her hair. I couldn't take my eyes off her. The way Sophia Anderson said my name should be a sin, I would enjoy punishing her for. A breathless whisper, Lucifer.

My pants suddenly felt very constricting, I clench my fist. Why is she wearing something like that? I have several male servants in this penthouse anyone of them could happen upon her while she's dressed like this.

I frown, she's mine and no man, demon or angel would touch her and I'd make damn sure of that. Ha, if only we were still together. But we're not and she was free to do whatever and whoever she pleases. Fuck that! With Gabriel around she's not safe. I may not yet know what Gabriel. No what Michael wants with her but I know I have to keep her safe.