C19| Michael

DeathKnight Industries RooftopNew York

Death
Knight Industries Rooftop
New York

Throwing a glance over my shoulder was hard. Seeing him, unwillingly remembering all the lines, the curves and dips of his face. That cold face that stood over me while I lay bloody on the floor, beaten half dead and hearing him telling me, "Get up, keep going even if it kills you. You are a warrior of Heaven. Get up." Yeah, it was hard looking at him. My perfect older brother!

"You know I almost forgot how hard it is to look at you, borderline traumatic really." Michael raised one of he's perfectly arched eye brows, beat those magnificent, powerful bright almost transparent wings and descended on the corner the rooftop. Roughly 15 steps from where I was sitting and 15 steps to close for my liking.

"Still sprouting nonsense I see. Looking at me is traumatic? That's definitely not something I want to here from the Angel of Death."

"Well, about that, I may or may not be seriously exaggeratin. But after more than a thousand years of life who the hell cares about my fragile mental state. I mean the great Arch- Angel Michael trained me. Turned me a into warrior and for that I am quite thankful. But that's about all I'm thankful for, big brother." Michael expressionless face didn't change but I like to imagine him rolling his eyes. Makes it feel like he has some semblance of emotion in there somewhere.

That his not all mission all the time but truth is Michael was just that cold and unfeeling.

A machine created and sent out to do Heavens bidding. That's all he is and all he'll ever be. I used to wonder what sort of monstrous creature he'd become if that mission had ever been taken away from him. I've since outgrown my childish wondering's about him. He was Michael... the embodiment of Heavens host, the greatest commander to ever exist and he was the ultimate enemy of us, the Fallen.

"What brings you here Michael?"
He tilted his head causing he's sun kissed golden hair to dance around in the evening breeze.

"Here? Did your King not attack three of my soliders.One of which has now passed on." His tone and expression that remained a cold and impenetrable mask for as long as I'd known him my entire life that is... Changed. A crack had formed and hatred leaked out as he spoke that one word in reference to Lucifer, king.

Oh my what a discovery!

"Pity. I'd say he was in a better place but we don't have souls therefore when we die we return to the dust from once we came. Like we never existed at all." I'd most certainly come to terms with this truth thousands of years ago but even as the words left my mouth the condescending tone that accompanied was totally surprising and entirely unwelcome.

"Is the Angel of Death upset about the next phase in his existence?" Michael questioned in that smooth bland tone of his.
I would have rolled my eyes but taking them off Michael was not a mistake I was foolish enough to make, ever again.