C12| After Effects

Lucifer KnightKnight Office Building PenthouseNew York

Lucifer Knight
Knight Office Building Penthouse
New York

Spending most of the day with Sophia had been a joy. That is until Lena Grace came in and stole all of Sophia's attention. She barely even glanced at me, her boss when she rushed in, face full of concern for her friend. It was odd how Lena was acting considering she was the one with the serious injury but the way she fussed over Sophia it was like she knew something I didn't. I didn't like the feeling that gave me. Watching the worry fade from Sophia face had been worth saving Lena as well. Even if the woman in question was under the impression that it was a break in gone wrong and she'd passed out over a minor bump on the head. Right before we shower up. She kept telling Sophia how great she feels and that there was nothing to worry about. She was fine. If only she knew how close she came to Death. The irony is not lost on me.

With a smirk I left them and headed off to get a drink. From there I'd somehow found myself on the roof over looking New York, the city reeked of mortal sin and desire. The scent reminded me of simpler times, like the subjugation of hell. That long bloody battle that only required me to swing my sword and slay the filth that crawled up to kill us.

After the Fall... before hell was even a place before we made it into something other than the eternal darkness from which all evil stemmed when we barely had enough strength to move, we found ourselves smack in the middle of it. In the heart of the darkness. There only blood and pain and broken wings and death existed.

"My Lord." Tilting my head towards the voice who had interrupted my thoughts. Standing behind me slightly to the left head bowed was Vivian Grey one of my medical demons.

In fact if Tariel had not sided with me in the last day of light, the day before we were cast out of heaven I'm quite sure Vivian here would be our best healer.

"Yes Vivian?" She straighten. Vivian was a tall woman, striking features with deep brown eyes churning with long forgotten secrets. She was one of the first demons to be born from the darkness. After her!

'Luci!' That soft melodious voice echoed in my mind once again. Fuck, don't think about that focus on Vivian! She isn't one to bother me without reason. So whatever had her interrupting my thoughts must be important.

Immediately she had my undivided attention. She looked... nervous, that's not a good sign.

"Speak!" I commanded.

"Yes, my Lord. I was wondering if you did something to Miss Anderson?" she glanced around nervously. Did I do something to Sophia? I did alot of things to Sophia to the great pleasure of us both. She continued when I did not respond. "My Lord have you done something or rather put something... inside Miss Anderson?" She asked. I raise my brow.

"Elaborate!" I command, Vivian gulps. Fear bleed into her features but Vivian was a smart woman, she's Hell's doctor after all. So she immediately understood that she should trend very carefully where this patient was involved she paused readjusted he posture and took a deep breath.

"I did as you ordered, I checked Miss Anderson's condition while she slept. And there seems to be some sort of... cluster inside her stomach! A mass of darkness." I turn away and stare out at the city lights. A cluster of darkness?

She'd tried to tell me something as she placed her hand on her belly. What did it mean?

"At first I thought that maybe the darkness had been left by Death when he'd healed her," I tilted my head to let her know I was listening. "But he said it was already there when he healed her."So if he didn't do it then maybe it was lingering effects from our time together?

"So I wanted to confirm if the darkness originated from you, Sir?" Vivian lower her eyes. "What is it?" I glare at her over my shoulder. Whatever it was it couldn't have come from her encounter with Gabriel... he is of the light. Was it from me? No if it come from our time together it would have happened with the countless other lovers I've had over the centuries.

"I don't know my Lord."
"You don't know?" The temperature dropped 100° decrees in that moment. Vivian trembled. "Whenever I try to investigate, the darkness defenses itself." Hot blinding rage began to claw at me, threatening to claim all rational thought and destroy whatever got in my way. Slowly I turn around, and fixed my glaze upon the trembling demoness before me. No words where spoken but she understood none the less. She needed to provide a solution if she wished to leave this rooftop with her head intact.

"But whatever it is... it seems to be-" she rushing words barely escaping her throat. "Fucking spit it out already!" my guttural. Deep and dark, seductive and deadly. The voice of the devil when angered.

"Its. . . its growing my Lord." I glare at her. "Growing? Sophia, is it harmful to her?" Vivian shakes her head. "Not at the moment." I scoff. 'Not at the moment.' The pebbles that made up the roof garden began to rising off the floor.

I'd come up here to clear my head get a little quiet to think and try to sort through this mess and now this. Some good it did me! "Can you remove it?" Without hurting my woman. Was implied. And though I might have phrased it as a question but we both knew it wasn't.

"I will speak to Tariel, my Lord. Extraction is one of her expertise. I'm sure she will do a much better job than I could." Vivian lower her head. I smirk, "Well played Vivian. Passing off the duty to Tariel just in case you failed and hurt Sophia is some way. But you've upset me tonight, Vivian. I didn't come up with shot the messenger for nothing." She dropped to her knees. But said nothing even as her terror filled the air mixed with a hint of joy. Classic demon reaction it would be her pleasure to be killed by her Lord.

"Relay this message to Tariel immediately. Then report to Bane for punishment." I wave her off, to which Vivian disappears back into the darkness from once she came. Leaving her scent behind to fuel my displeasure.

Now to summon that child! The mortals refer to as the Angel of Death.

----------------------------------------
A/N

It's here... Enjoy guys 🙈

Don't Forget to VOTE & COMMENT