C14| A Visit From The Doctor

Sophia Anderson

Sophia Anderson

Knight Office Building
Penthouse
New York

My throat burns as the disgusting acid liquid forcing it's way out of my mouth. When my stomach was finally empty and I had nothing left to throw up, I just sat there on the floor taking deep breaths, my head in my hands.

I can't believe I have morning sickness already. Warm hands suddenly wrapped around my waist. "Are you alright?" Lucifer questioned, pulling me into his chest. I relaxed into him, hoping the dizziness would subside. I didn't speak for fear of throwing up again. I just sat there on the cold floor wrapped in Lucifer Knights embrace, the one place I felt safe.

I don't know how long we sat there just listening to each other's breathing. "Sorry you had to see that." I say breaking the comfortable silence. "It's fine Sophia really. But are you sure you're okay?" I nod sending him a small smile before standing up. Moving over to the sink I begin to brush my teeth Lucifer leans back against the wall watching me with those electric eyes sharp as needles. His studying me, every inch of me and I don't think I like it. "I have something to take of, will you be alright by yourself?" I nod rinsing my mouth. Silently he left the room.

I was admiring the view of the city when they came, they looked like a pair of fallen angels. A man and a woman both tall, dark and devastatingly attractive. The woman was tall and thin with fiery red hair, dark green eyes and perfect skin. I almost felt inadequate as a woman... almost.

"Hello Sophia... remember me?" The man spoke, I believe his name is Dee. Turning to fully face them. "I doubt anyone would forget you...Dee." He smirked, sending shivers down my spine making him look even more dangerous and sexy. But no matter how good looking he is the man screams danger, much like Lucifer in that regard however I like to think Lucifer wouldn't hurt me. But this man is different, I get the feeling if I rubbed him the wrong way he'd eat me or something.

"How can I help you?" I ask. Dee stepped forward but before he could come any closer the woman stopped him. "My name is Talia, Lucifer asked me to perform your physical exam." Physical exam? Is she a doctor? It would be a health hazard if she were? Not the point, if she were here for that why is he here? I glanced towards Dee, as he calmly brushed Talia's hand aside and muttered something in her ear. All the while never taking those dark eyes off me

"Please sit," Talia gestured to the small lounge to her left. Her soft voice and smooth manner had me walking forward and sitting down in some kind of trace. And here I'd thought I was used to the influence of beautiful people given all the time I spent with Lucifer.

She set what looked like a doctor's bag down on the table, opened it then sat down across from me. "I'm going to check your pulse okay?" I nod my agreement. She then gently placed her fingers to my wrist, her flawless skin seemed to glow in the late afternoon sun but her fingers were cool against my skin.

After she checked my pulse, Dr. Talia opened her bag and got out her stethoscope. "Please remove your cardigan," My eyes immediately went to Dee standing against one of the many floor to ceiling windows. I didn't even notice him move. Which was a terrifying thought I knew in my soul this was not a man I wanted to lose track of.

And besides what the hell is he going here, doctor's visits are private. I was just about to ask Dr. Talia this when she seemed to get my thought process. "Get out." She told him firmly with no room for argument. My heart beat sped up several notches at that tone. "No way." Was his immediate response soon followed by sneer. "What am I making you uncomfortable Sophia?" Dee question turn those dark unnatural green eyes on me. 

The room suddenly felt very small. I want, no need to escape to get as far away from here... From him as possible. "Get out." Talia repeated raising from her seat. I swear I felt the room shake from the power in her voice. It was instinct that had me leaning back in my seat and fear that kept from leaving the room or speaking. Lucifer knew some terrifying people, that was one of the few things I did know about him.

Dee straighten, tilted his head to the side and never taking that deadly glare off Talia. Oh, I hope she knew what she was doing picking a fight with this guy.

"You are distracting my patient. So get out." Talia gestured to me, but still he did not look away from her. It was like watching the sun fighting for more time in the sky even though it was already sunset and the darkness of night had began to press in.

I could let the sun be snuffed out by him. Straighten my spine I took a deep breath and became Attorney Sophia Anderson. Now she was a bad-ass who would not be taken lightly.

Standing up on my shaky legs I force myself to walk towards the door, passing right between their death match of glares. As I passed Dee I could have sworn the air around him was 5 degrees lower than the rest of the room. Breath, Sophia just breath, don't get overwhelmed you do not want this guy knowing your personal information.

Just like going to court with Judge Maccabi, the ex-military Federal Judge who takes no prisoners. If there is even one inconsistency your case is toast. The old fox could smell weakness from across the court room. He was every lawyers nightmare the only upside is as a corporate attorney I rarely deal with him.

So I just pictures Dee as scary old Maccabi and that mean it a little easier to breath, to think, to form a coherent statement that would get this stubborn asshole out of my room.

"Dee was it... As far as doctors visits go they are a private affair, any information shared or gained with my doctor is none of your business," Opening the door I turn to face him. "So says the law."

He's dark green eyes were already on me, I had his undivided attention. Good God I hope this works. Because this man's undivided attention is not something I care to have, now or ever again.  "Please leave!" I demand holding the door wide open for him.

Dr. Talia smirked. He did not move or speak just stared right at me, into me. Like he could see everything that I am. The feeling those eyes brought was both horrifying and relieving. Horrifying because it felt like he could really see into me, into my very soul and relieving because someone anyone could see... all of me.

"You know what kid, I like you so I'll go," he voice deep and dark filled the room as he pushed of the glass wall and came towards me. Leaned in close enough for me smell his scent of sea and soap. Close enough to whisper right into my left ear, "but it would be in your own best interests to never give me orders again." And then he was gone but even then he's threat hung in the air, clear as day.

------------------------------------------------------
A/N

Hi hi 👋

So sorry for the tragically long wait I've been busy with assignments... But I'll make sure to work on getting the chapters out fast.

Azalea270 😘