C15| I Never Thought

Sophia AndersonKnight Industries PenthouseNew York

Sophia Anderson
Knight Industries Penthouse
New York

As soon as the door closed and I locked the door. All the bravado I'd summoned left me as quick as it came and with it my strength to stand.

If doctor Talia hadn't caught I'm sure I would have bruised my knees. "You're okay. You're okay, come sit down." Her voice was soft once again no longer hard and commanding. Her voice, her slow steady and strong steps comforted me. Reminded me to breath in deep and remember stress is not for the baby. My little blip.

Sitting me down she rubbed me back and told me to breath. Ignoring the fact that I felt totally weightless and weak and that my heart was beating a hundred miles and hour. I did as told, I breathed deeply and slowly and soon my heart rate slowed and my breathing returned to normal.

"What the hell was that?" Talia smiled and went to retrieve her doctors bag on the floor before sitting down next to me once again. "That was an adrenaline rush. The symptoms you'd displaying is what happens after the rush. You'll be fine, your heart rate has returned to normal and now that we're alone we can continue with the exam."

"Eh, sure." I was numb as she went about taking my blood pressure which was slightly elevated. Which was obvious considering the situation I was just in. She asked me basic doctor type questions and took my temperature. "Looks like everything is in order." Talia said snapping me out of my daze.

"Right... Thank you." She smiled that calm, polite doctors smile of hers as she reached into her bag and pulled out a glass case with a syringe inside filled with a blue coloured liquid. What is that? I've never seen medicine that brightly coloured it's was almost glowing.

And just like before she read the question in my eyes. "This is just some vitamins to maintain your current health and it will help with that sudden weak as well." Opening the case and pushing down the pin to ensure no air was inside Talia asked me.

"Please hold out your arm, this will only take a second then I'll be out of your hair." Her tone of voice did not change and that calm doctors smile did not leave her face but the second she turned to look at me I knew something was wrong.

"Miss Sophia, your arm please?" That polite tone of voice, the amicable smile that did not reach her beautiful dark green eyes. It was wrong, all wrong. The feeling was instinctual and totally overwhelming. Danger!

Whatever was in that syringe was not vitamins. I had no idea how I knew that or why I suddenly felt this way but one thing was sure I wasn't letting that thing anywhere near me. With that decision made, I needed to get away from her. Only problem was I don't think she'll let me leave.

"That's okay I feel fine." I say lending away and crossing my arms. When she was arguing with Dee I thought she seemed like the sun but now... Now I remembered what happens to those that get to close to the sun.