Chapter 4.1

4.33: She did not understand, what happened to make him think like that too?

"To this day, I still doubt if those words I said at that time were the real reason that justified you running away to a faraway place."

Yi Chen's voice was not high or low, but each and every word weighted heavily on her heart.

How could he say that? He actually said that!

She remembered clearly the circumstances of that day. After hearing what Yi Mei said, she immediately went to him for confirmation. Yi Chen would never lie to her. If he said no, it would mean no. She definitely would believe him. But if he really liked Yi Mei, then what to do ......

On the way there, the worst-case scenario she can think of was Yi Chen would tell her that he also loved Yi Mei, but she never expected she would encounter a terrifying glare, hatred in his eyes and those hurtful words that cut like a razor.

"Go away, I do not want to see you!"

"Zhao Mo Sheng, I wish I never knew you!"

Such determined tone and attitude. Thinking back now, she still felt bitterness in her heart. Now, he went so far as to say she turned her back on him?

"What do you mean?" Mo Sheng stared at her shoes and asked in a low and clear voice.

The two of them stood in the middle of the constantly flowing crowd so they more or less attracted the attention of the people around them. Yi Chen pulled her to a secluded place, released her and lit a cigarette.

How to tell her? Truthfully?

Cannot.

He began to speak: "That day, your father came to see me."

Seeing her shocked look, a faint mocking sneer emerged on his handsome face. "You didn't expect this? Ah! I also did not expect my girlfriend to turn out to be the mayor's daughter."

Mo Sheng's face suddenly became pale. Mayor's daughter! Mayor's daughter! Such a sarcastic form of address!

She and Yi Chen came from the same place – Y City. At that time, this delighted finding was regarded as fate and coincidence, but now it is a big embarrassment.

If he knew she was the daughter of Zhao Qing Yuan, then he must also knew ......

Mo Sheng unsteadily said: "You should know about my dad's matters?"

"Yes." Yi Chen nodded his head. Zhao Qing Yuan's corruption case shocked the entire country. He accepted huge bribes up to tens of millions. When it was discovered and he was arrested, he committed suicide in prison which was big news at that time.

Mo Sheng closed her eyes, it did not matter.

"What did my dad say to you?"

Yi Chen dropped his head. He could still remember clearly what Zhao Qing Yuan told him that day. "You are a very outstanding young man. Little Sheng likes you very much so I don't want to object. If you are willing to go to the United States together with her, I'll help you arrange everything. You do not have to worry about visa, housing, university ...... "

Such attractive conditions!

6.52: A long time later, Yi Chen said wordlessly: "I am a poor student who depends on my part-time job wages and scholarship to survive so what do you think he said?"

Mo Sheng kept quiet because she knew her father well. He had always been dismissive of people who were of no use to him. She could completely imagine the excessive words he said to Yi Chen. Otherwise, why would the cool-headed Yi Chen vented his anger on her?