Chapter 10.1

9.07: Newlywed lawyer He Yi Chen was busier than before he married. He had not finished his current cases but has also accepted a difficult new case as a favour. Due to handling several cases at the same time, he has to work until late at night every day. Mo Sheng was usually already asleep, when the lights were still on in Yi Chen's study.

Even so, Mo Sheng still felt very happy. When Yi Chen was busy with his work, she would find things to do, such as cleaning this and organizing that. She looked into the study from time to time, always seeing Yi Chen surrounded by paperwork.

Living together, Mo Sheng could truly understand Yi Chen's diligence now. People saw him as young and successful, making them envious. But, no one knew the mental and physical efforts behind his halo. A person without background connections, it was very difficult for him to strive for his current achievements. In his most difficult time, she was not by his side......

When Yi Chen walked out of the study with an empty cup, he saw Mo Sheng hugging her knees and sitting on the sofa. She was holding a cookbook and looking lost in thought, not knowing what she was thinking.

It was after one o'clock in the afternoon on a Sunday. Yi Chen had been busy all morning in the study, having hastily eaten lunch then returned to work.

10.15: When Mo Sheng saw him, she immediately put down the book in her hand and stood up from the sofa: "Let me." She disappeared happily into the kitchen with his empty cup.

Yi Chen looked at his empty hand and suddenly felt time has gone backwards. It seemed as if they had returned to the past, when they were still at university. He was busy with his studies, working and participating in the student council. Mo Sheng was slotted in between his many activities. It may seem as if Mo Sheng was holding tightly onto him, but in reality, he did not have much time for her.

Now, the same thing was happening again.

Yi Chen returned to his study and looked at the calendar. Today was November 15th, the centennial anniversary of the university. The law firm made a sizable donation to the Law Faculty in C University. Lao Yuan had accepted the invitation to represent the firm in the donation ceremony. Thus, he continuously encouraged Yi Chen and Xiang Heng to go to the celebration. Yi Chen is not fond of noisy places, and moreover with the heavy workload but he was hesitant now.

11.10: Mo Sheng carried the hot tea cup into the study. Yi Chen pulled her into his embrace: "Are you busy in the afternoon?"

"Why? Do we have to go somewhere?" Mo Sheng's eyes lit up and asked excitedly.

The expectation in Mo Sheng's eyes erased Yi Chen's hesitant.

Yi Chen turned off the computer: "Yes, today is the university's centennial celebration. Do you want to go?"

11.31: Of course Mo Sheng wanted to go because the centennial celebration would be lively.

0.31: When Yi Chen and Mo Sheng arrived at the university, there were too many people so it was impossible to drive the car into the campus. Hence, Yi Chen had to park far away, then walked with Mo Sheng to the university.

"Wait." Halfway there, Mo Sheng stopped and pointed at the roadside stalls selling T shirt printed with "C University" on the front, "Yi Chen, we change into these, okay?"

Yi Chen frowned because he felt weird wearing that, but Mo Sheng grabbed his hand and refused to leave. He has no option but said reluctantly: "You go and buy la."

They had left the house in a rush so Mo Sheng did not bring her purse. She took some money from Yi Chen's wallet and squeeze into the crowd. A while later she emerged from the crowd holding two T-shirts and looking triumphant.