Chapter 12.2

The result was when she opened her eyes again, it was already past 10 o'clock. Not seeing Yi Chen in bed, Mo Sheng quickly jumped up and dressed then went out of the room. Yi Chen and Mr. He were playing chess in the living room.

Mo Sheng was nervous and called out "uncle" in greeting. Mr. He smiled and nodded his head at her.

Mo Sheng walked to Yi Chen and complained in a low voice: "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"Ah, ah." Yi Chen held a pawn and was concentrating on making his move on the chessboard. After making a move, he lazily raised his head and said: "Go to the kitchen and help auntie."

"Oh." Mo Sheng looked at the direction of the kitchen and saw only auntie was busy cooking. "Okay."

Seeing Mo Sheng walking into the kitchen, Mrs. He smiled and said: "Xiao Sheng, you're awake? Were you used to sleeping on a different bed last night?"

Mo Sheng repeatedly nodded her head. She was probably the last to get up, so how could she have had difficulty sleeping? "Auntie, let me do this." Taking the knife from Mrs. He's hand, she began to slice the pork thinly.

Mrs. He began to wash the vegetables while chatting with Mo Sheng about everything under the sun. While chatting about the daily life of a family, she suddenly cried out "aiya" and remembered something she should have asked earlier: "Oh! how can I be so absent-minded! Xiao Sheng, your parents also live in this city, right? When can we meet and have dinner together?"

Mo Sheng was distracted and almost cut into a finger. She bit her lower lips, should she say it? Looking up and seeing Mrs. He's kind-hearted smiling face, Mo Sheng really did not want to deceive her. Thus, she decided to tell the truth.

"My father......"

"Mo Sheng!"

Yi Chen appeared at the kitchen doorway and interrupted her, his face a bit pale and his lower jaw clenched.

"This child! Suddenly, popping up and scaring us." Mrs. He patted her chest.

The tension on Yi Chen's face eased a little: "Mo Sheng, where did you put my coat? I can't find it."

"......Oh." Mo Sheng was startled, washed her hands and walked into the bedroom.

The coat was hanging on the rack next to the bed, an eye-catching spot which can be seen the moment you enter the bedroom. Mo Sheng stood still in front of the rack, feeling dazed and uncertain.

Yi Chen stretched out his arm and removed the coat from behind her.

"Don't let your imagination run wild. I just don't want them to judge you." He said softly: "Mo Sheng, you have to have a bit more faith in me."

There was a bit of bitterness in Yi Chen's voice making Mo Sheng sorrowful. She has thought too much again.

"Yi Chen......"

"I would rather you're sloppy and a little muddled, don't think too much."

Mo Sheng looked at him: "But you will think I'm troublesome."

"At least you still know yourself well." Yi Chen tenderly stroked her hair. "You're really very troublesome!"

But she won't feel bad.

"Let's go out to eat. Auntie should have finished cooking."

As they were eating, Mrs. He asked about Mo Sheng's parents again. She only replied that her father had passed away and her mother was abroad. Mrs. He sighed and did not ask anything more. She wanted to persuade everyone to play mahjong which is good for the body and mind after they finished eating. Unfortunately, no one was interested. Mr. He wanted to take a nap. Yi Mei wanted to take Zhang Xu out to see the famous attractions in Y City. Hence, Mrs. He had no choice but to give up.