Chapter 4.2

11.25: When she got back to the city, the sky was already dark. Mo Sheng looked at the time on the mobile phone, it seemed like she could only leave tomorrow. She inquired a few hotels in the city, but all answered they were already fully booked. In the end, she found and stayed in an expensive downtown hotel. After taking a bath and drying her clothes, it was still too early to sleep so she got up and went downstairs.

Outside of the hotel is the most bustling place in Y City, Zhen Guan Road. Y City with its picturesque scenery is a little known tourist city. At this time, there were a lot of tourists on Zhen Guan Road. Suddenly, Mo Sheng remembered that the first time she met Yi Chen in Y City was at this busy road.

0.31: At that time, they were already dating. However, when they were going home during their freshman year winter vacation, no matter what, Yi Chen refused to give his home phone number to her. At that moment, she was filled with disappointment and sadness. How could a girlfriend not even know her boyfriend's home phone number? Before splitting up in the train station, Mo Sheng failed to coax and pester him to get it so she panted with rage, turned around and ran away.

However, she started to regret after running for a few steps. Why be angry? Maybe if she continued to act shamelessly, Yi Chen's heart would soften. But when she looked back, Yi Chen was no longer at the front of the train station.

After returning home, she began to feel moody, had no appetite to eat anything and did not know what she watched on TV. Later, she also started to indulge in fantasy and would go out every day, thinking she might encounter Yi Chen.

Then, they actually ran into each other.

That day, it was snowing. He and Yi Mei, who she had not known yet, were walking across the street. At that time, she simply did not know how to react. To her surprise, they really ran into each other. In fact, she did not harbor any hope since there were so many people in the city...... the next moment, she dashed across the road at lightning speed, threw herself at him and hugged him ......

It seemed like it was exactly under this tree, that girl wearing a furry white hat was hugging that youngster, who was embarrassed by the ambiguous stares of people passing by, and shouted excitedly: "Yi Chen, I knew I'll run into you la. I just knew it!"

Mo Sheng closed her eyes.

When the relationship had become a thing of the past, the most painful were the memories, which still felt like they just happened yesterday.

In a hurry, she took out her camera, turned towards the empty space and pressed the shutter.

The photos that were developed were of spacious and empty roads, nobody walked past, just blank space.

2.13: After the holiday, Mo Sheng became more busy at work.

Only Xiao Hong was very free. She had just recently finished a column and was in an idle period. She hanged around Mo Sheng's office every day, worrying about her marriage prospect.

"Ah Sheng, you cannot afford to waste anymore time like this. You need to know that time is youth and beauty. When you find a man, it is like saving society. In a few more years, it would be too late for the woman and it is like slaughtering the man, furthermore ......" Xiao Hong mysteriously whispered, "It would be in line with the rule of psychology, Ah Sheng, don't you want to sleep in a man's warm embrace at night?"

"Xiao Hong, you ...... dreamed that kind of dream again yesterday?"

"Sometimes only!" She pretended to be shy, blushed, lowered her head and swayed her body. After a while, she became serious, "Ah Sheng, you finally are back to normal now. Before, you acted like you were about to be robbed."