Chapter 12.1

Mo Sheng went to work with red eyes. Xiao Hong carefully looked at her eyes and asked in a grieving tone: "Broke up with your boyfriend?"

Mo Sheng replied in a low voice to match her grieving tone: "Comrade Xiao Hong, do you want to treat beef rice to comfort a heart broken colleague?"

Xiao Hong thought for a while: "Then, you better don't break up with your boyfriend."

Colleague Bai bought a newspaper with Ying Hui on the cover. Mo Sheng saw the newspaper on his desk so she conveniently brought it over to her desk to read. The long article chronicled his life with praises and pomposity. True to a tabloid newspaper's distinguishing feature, there was gossip and speculation about Ying Hui's wife.

Mo Sheng put down the newspaper and stared blankly for a long time.

She did not know many people in the U.S. She was closest to sister Juan, but they lost contact after she returned to China. The other person was Ying Hui. Actually in regard to Ying Hui, Mo Sheng only felt gratitude because he had helped her a lot. That time when he was drunk, he did not cross the line and hurt her.

After hesitating for a while, Mo Sheng turned on her computer, went to SOSOmail website, then her not often use mailbox to look for Ying Hui's email address.

After changing what she wrote several times, only one sentence remained in the end.

——"Ying Hui, what happened last night at the hotel lobby, thank you."

A few minutes after sending the email, her inbox had an alert for new mail. Mo Sheng refreshed the screen and clicked to open the email.

Recipient: Zhao Mo Sheng

Sender: IN

Topic: Re: No Subject

It's nothing.

Two simple words appeared, like from a stranger. Mo Sheng's fingers stilled on the keyboard, not knowing what to say. She remembered the gossips she heard from students in C University, then quickly replied.

"Ying Hui, have you met her again now that you're back in China? Maybe you still have a chance."

A reply did not come forth in a long time.

Mo Sheng regretted it.

Maybe she overstepped herself, as everyone has an untouchable part in the heart. Maybe that girl was his deepest wound.

That night, Mo Sheng and Yi Chen talked about what happened. Yi Chen frowned at her and said two words: "Really slow."

Then, he added: "Thank goodness you're slow."

Mo Sheng did not understand.

More than one month later, when Mo Sheng checked her mailbox on a regular basis, she saw Ying Hui's reply. Looking at the date, it was sent two days ago.

Mo Sheng opened the email.

Recipient: Zhao Mo Sheng

Sender : IN

Topic : Re: Re: Re: No Subject

Not everyone can wait so long in loneliness like He Yi Chen.

Sheng. I've had a change of heart.

P.S.: Wish you an early Merry Christmas!

Mo Sheng stared blankly at the screen.

Just a few lines, why did it take so long to reply? Maybe the sender changed the message over and over and thought about it for a long time before sending it.