-1-

Songfic - "Kiss the Girl" from The Little Mermaid

Basic info:

y/n - your name

n/n - nickname

-:-:-:-

There you see her, 

Sitting there across the way...

Bucky watched y/n from across the lounge. She was sitting with Natasha and Wanda, probably talking about past missions and other things that had been going on. Y/n wasn't very extroverted, so she didn't talk much to Bucky, however she was very close to the Black Widow and Scarlet Witch.

She don't gotta lot to say,

But there's something about her...

Since she came to the team, Bucky had began to develop feelings for y/n, but he was too scared to talk to her, in fear that she would reject him.

"You like her, don't ya?" Steve asked his best friend, who had been staring at y/n.

"What? No..." Bucky denied.

Steve raised an eyebrow at the former assassin.

"Well, maybe a little..." Bucky admitted. Steve still wasn't convinced. "Okay, yes. Yes, I do like her. A lot."

"That's what I thought." Steve said.

And you don't know why,

But you're dying to try,

You wanna kiss the girl...

"Well, Buck, tonight is one of the best nights to ask her out." Steve told him. "I overheard Tony saying that we're going to play 'Seven Minutes in Heaven.'"

Bucky looked at y/n again. This could be his chance to finally tell her how he felt.

Yes, you want her,                                                                                                                                                                   Look at her you know you do...

"Yeah, but there's a very small chance that I'd actually end up with her in the closet." Bucky said.

"Even if you don't," Steve said. "you should still tell her. I know what she means to you."

Bucky rolled his eyes. "I doubt that she feels the same way."

Possible she wants you too,

There is one way to ask her...

"Hey, it looks like Barnes is looking at you, y/n." Natasha pointed out.

Y/n looked over at Bucky, who was, in fact, looking at her. As soon as he realized that she was looking at him, Bucky looked away quickly. Wanda and Natasha chuckled.

"Looks like the Winter Soldier's heart has been thawed." Wanda said.

"What? I doubt that he likes. He was probably looking at something else." y/n insisted.

"Do you like him, n/n?" Natasha asked her best friend.

"What? No..." y/n lied.

Wanda and Natasha both raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, okay. Yes, I do like him." y/n admitted.

"I knew it!" Wanda exclaimed.

"Be quiet! I don't want all of New York to know!" y/n scolded.

The Black Widow and Scarlet Witch laughed and took a sip of their drinks.

It don't take a word,

Not a single word,

Go on and kiss the girl...

A little bit later in the night, Tony gathered the whole team in the lounge of the Avengers Facility. Bucky sighed, he knew that this was coming, he just hoped that there would be a change of plans.

"'Seven Minutes in Heaven.'" Tony announced.

Many people groaned, but Natasha grinned and nudged y/n. "This could be your chance." she whispered.

Y/n rolled her eyes. "Whatever."

Tony had a hat that had items that corresponded to each of the men on the team. "Okay, ladies. Who's our first victim..?"

He looked Natasha, Wanda, and y/n with a mischievous look on his face.

"How about..." Tony began. "y/n. You pick first."

"Okay..." y/n stuck her hand in the hat.

She moved her hand around the hat and picked out an object from the hat. Y/n took her hand out of the hat and looked at the object that she had picked. It was a green army man toy with tin foil wrapped around its left arm.

"Alright, Winter Snuggler." Tony looked at Bucky. "You're up."

Sha la la la la la,

My oh my, 

Look like the boy too shy,

Ain't gonna kiss the girl...

Y/n stood up and began walking to the small closet, Bucky trailing her by a few feet. As they walked into the closet, Tony began closing the door slowly.

"Have fun..." he said as he closed the door completely.

The two stood in silence for a few seconds before y/n said, "We don't have to do anything if you don't want to..."

Bucky nodded slowly, though it was barely visible in the darkness of the closet. "Okay..."

Sha la la la la la,

Ain't that sad, 

Ain't it a shame? Too bad,

You're gonna miss the girl...

Y/n and Bucky stood in silence for a little bit longer. Bucky thought about what he could do without freaking her out. By what she had said earlier, he thought that she wouldn't want to do anything with him. Bucky had decide now, or regret doing nothing at all.

Now's your moment,

Floating in a blue lagoon,

Boy, you better do it soon,

No time would be better,

She don't say a word,

And she won't say a word, 

Until you kiss the girl...

Then Bucky did what y/n didn't expect him to do. He kissed her. As quick as the kiss had began, Bucky quickly pulled away.

"I'm sorry! I didn't know what to do, so I just --"

Y/n cut him off by grabbing him by his shirt and kissing him once again. Bucky wrapped his arms around her waist and y/n wrapped her arms around his neck. The two kissed each other passionately, as is they were going to disappear if they let go.

After a few moments, y/n pulled away gently, then smiled up at the soldier.

"Y/n, I have had feelings for you for a long time." Bucky confessed. "I've just been scared that if I told you, you'd reject me. But now that I know your feelings for me, I can finally ask...will you be my girl?"

Y/n's smile widened. "Of course I will, Buck."

Bucky smiled and kissed her again. As they kissed, Tony opened the closet door abruptly.

"Time's up!" he called. "Wow! It looks like Capsicle 2.0 got some action!"

Bucky then proceeded to chase Tony around the lounge as everyone laughed at the billionaire's misfortune.

-:-:-:-

I hope y'all enjoyed this fluffy little one-shot! I will be publishing the next part hopefully within the next week or so. -Nicole