-33-

Song-fic - "I'll Be Home for Christmas" by Leslie Odom Jr.

**this will most likely be the last Christmas one-shot I do :(

-:-:-:-

I'll be home for Christmas

You can count on me

Please have snow and mistletoe

And presents on the tree...

Y/n was sitting on the couch in the lounge of the Avengers Facility watching some cheesy Christmas rom-com. It was Christmas Eve and her boyfriend, Bucky, was out on a mission with Steve and Natasha. She was looking forward to having her first Christmas with the whole team, and Bucky.

But now y/n wasn't so sure that it was going to happen.

Bucky, Steve, and Natasha were supposed to have arrived at about seven o'clock. It was now nine-thirty. Y/n pulled a nearby blanket over to her and wrapped around herself. She sighed and continued to watch the end scene of the movie. It ended with the couple sharing their first kiss in the snow. 

Bucky and y/n had yet to have their first kiss, and she wished that they could be like the couple in the movie. As the movie ended and the next one began, y/n's phone rang. She smiled as she saw the picture of Bucky on her screen. Y/n pressed the 'answer' button and then put the phone to her ear.

"Hello?" she asked in a sing-song voice.

"Hey doll." Bucky's deep voice said from the other end. "We're, uh, not going to be able to make it in time for Christmas morning."

Tears came to y/n's eyes. "What?"

Christmas Eve will find me

Where the love light beams

I'll be home for Christmas

If only in my dreams...

"I'm so sorry, n/n." Bucky apologized sadly. "We wish that we could be there, but the mission is going to take longer than expected."

Y/n tried not to sound like she was crying. "O-okay. When will you be back?"

"Probably tomorrow evening." Bucky told her. "I'm so sorry, doll."

She sniffled. "It's okay, honey. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay. Merry Christmas. I miss you."

"I miss you too."

Y/n hung up and set her phone down on the coffee table as she let the tears run down her face. She quickly wiped her tears when she saw Clint walk into the lounge.

"Hey, y/n. You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." y/n lied. "Bucky just called me saying that he, Steve, and Nat won't be here until tomorrow night."

"Oh, that stinks." Clint said sadly.

Y/n nodded. "Well, I'm going to head to bed. I'll see you in the morning, Clint."

"Good night, y/n."

I'll be home for Christmas

You can count on me

Please bring snow and mistletoe

And presents on the tree...

The next morning, y/n woke up to the sunlight peeking through her bedroom window. She sat up in her bed and remembered that Bucky wouldn't be there for Christmas. Y/n put on a fluffy robe and some slippers, and then walked into the lounge, where she smelled French toast coming from the kitchen.

Wanda was making some breakfast and turned around when she heard y/n walk in. "Good morning, y/n! Merry Christmas!"

Y/n smiled softly and sat down on one of the bar stools by the island in the middle of the kitchen. "Merry Christmas, Wanda."

"Are you okay, y/n? You seem gloomy." Wanda frowned.

"Yeah, I'm just going to miss Bucky." y/n said.

Wanda nodded, understanding. "Yeah, it's going to stink without the entire team here."

Once breakfast was ready, Tony, Clint, Sam, and the rest of the team came into the kitchen to eat. Everyone ate and then gathered in the living room to exchange gifts. Y/n sat on the couch, watching as Tony and Pepper gave each other their gifts and Wanda and Vision do the same. As the last gifts were being given, she heard a familiar voice call, "We're home!"

Everyone turned around to see Steve and Natasha walking into the lounge. Everyone gasped and got up, going over to see them. Y/n went on her tip-toes, looking for Bucky. At first, she thought that he didn't make it, and then her e/c eyes met with a pair of icy blue ones. Her face lit up and made her way over to him.

Bucky smiled wide when he saw y/n and hugged her tightly.

"I thought that you guys weren't able to make it until tonight." y/n said.

"Well, we finished the mission early and decided to surprise you guys." Bucky told her.

Y/n smiled up at her boyfriend. Bucky smiled back and wiped the happy tears that y/n didn't had realized had fallen from her eyes. It didn't take long for y/n to close the space between them and place her lips on his. It was more magical than it looked in the movie.

Once they separated from each other, Bucky smiled at y/n. "It was about time we did that."

Y/n smiled. "Merry Christmas, Bucky-Boo."

"Merry Christmas, dollface."

Oh, Christmas Eve will find me

Where the love light beams

Baby, baby

I'll be home for Christmas

If only in my dreams

-:-:-:-

Hi guys! I hope that you all have a very merry Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate this time of year. Love you guys! -Nicole <3