-2-

One-Shot - Dancin'

Basic info:

e/c - eye color

h/c - hair color

-:-:-:-

It was a rather calm day at the Avengers facility. The entire team was on a mission, except y/n and Bucky. The two had been assigned to stay and make sure everything was in order when the rest of the team got back. Bucky was sitting on one of the couches in the lounge when y/n walked in. Since he met her, the ex-assassin had a huge crush on the fellow Avenger, but he was too scared to talk to her, in fear that she would reject him.

"Hey, Bucky." y/n greeted. "Whatcha up to?"

"Oh, I'm just watching some Netflix." Bucky told her.

Y/n nodded and walked over to him. "Do you mind if I watch with you?"

Bucky shook his head. "No, I don't mind."

She sat down beside him and directed her e/c eyes to the flat screen. The two watched a couple episodes of The Office before y/n turned and looked at Bucky.

"We should do something." she said.

Bucky was confused. "Like what?"

Y/n thought for a moment, and then an idea came to her. "Oooh! How about we dance like you used to in the forties!"

"Oh, I barely remember how..." Bucky said.

"It can't be that hard." y/n stood up. "C'mon, Barnes. It'll be fun!"

Bucky hesitantly stood up from where he was sitting and walked over to y/n, who was scrolling through her phone trying to find music. After a few moments of searching, she clicked on a song that began to play through a small speaker that was hooked up to y/n's phone.

"Perfect." y/n turned to face the Winter Soldier and held her hand for him. "Ready?"

"I guess..." Bucky took her hand in his flesh one.

The two moved closer together and y/n put her hand on his shoulder. "Now, you put your other hand on my waist."

Bucky looked at her, unsure. He was always very insecure about his metal arm and he was scared that he would hurt her. Y/n looked at him with a sympathetic look on her face.

"It's okay, Bucky. I know you're not going to hurt me." she assured him.

He nodded and cautiously put his metal hand on y/n's waist. She smiled up at him and the two began to sway to the slow music. As they danced, Bucky began to remember. He twirled y/n and she smiled.

"See, you're getting it!" y/n encouraged.

Bucky smiled and continued to dance with her. He loved how happy y/n looked, her smile, her e/c eyes sparkling, her h/c hair moving with every step. As he admired her, Bucky realized how in love with her he really was.

As the song ended, he dipped her down (the picture above), their faces inches apart. Y/n's eye's flickered down to Bucky's lips and then back up to his stormy blue eyes. She then closed the gap between them and kissed him gently. Bucky kissed her back as he brought her back up. As y/n pulled away, she smiled at him.

"I've wanted to do that since I met you." she confessed.

Bucky was shocked. "I wanted to do the same thing."

Y/n smiled and pulled him closer to her, embracing him. As the next song played, they continued dancing until the rest of the team got back.

-:-:-:-

I hope you guys enjoyed this shorter one-shot. I will be starting school soon, but I will try my best to update frequently! -Nicole