-4-

One-Shot - Safe from Harm

Basic info:

f/b - favorite book

-:-:-:-

Y/n was sitting down on one of the couches in the lounge of the Avengers facility reading a book. She didn't have any missions today and planned on taking it easy. As she read, her boyfriend of one year, Bucky Barnes, walked into the room.

"Hey dollface." he said as he walked over to y/n.

She looked up from her book and looked at the blue-eyed super-soldier with a smile. "Hey, Bucky-Bear."

Y/n gave him a peck on the cheek as he sat down beside her.

"Whatcha readin'?" Bucky asked.

"Oh, it's f/b. It's my third time reading it." y/n explained. "What are you up to?"

Bucky shrugged and opened up his mouth to speak, all the lights in the building shut off and the emergency alarms began to go off.

"What in the world?!" y/n exclaimed.

The voice of Tony Stark's A.I., F.R.I.D.A.Y., began to speak over the loud speakers. "Attention all agents, the Avengers facility is currently in lock down mode. Please make your way to the safe room immediately."

The couple stood up and began running to the safe room. As they ran, gunshots rang throughout the facility. Bucky stopped in his tracks.

"I gotta go help them." he said, looking at his girlfriend.

"No Bucky, I don't want you to get hurt." y/n stopped him.

Bucky held her hands in his. "Darling, I have to make sure that everyone's okay. I promise, I'll come back. Just get to the safe room.

He kissed her forehead and then ran off in the opposite direction. Y/n began to run towards the safe room. As she ran, a person grabbed her from behind. Before y/n should scream, the person covered her mouth and nose with a rag. She took one sniff of the rag, and everything went dark.

Bucky helped some of the agents fight the HYDRA agents that had broken into the facility. He then made his way to the safe room to make sure that y/n had gotten there safely. As he looked around, he couldn't find her.

Bucky walked over to Bruce Banner, who was helping one of the female agents that had gotten shot. "Hey, Bruce. Have you seen y/n anywhere?"

The scientist shook his head. "No, I didn't see her come in."

Bucky mumbled a curse and then rushed out of the safe room to go find her. He searched every room he passed, looking for his girlfriend. After a few minutes of searching, he found a room that had its door locked. Bucky pounded on the door until it finally burst open. When he looked in the room, he saw a bloody and bruised y/n tied to a chair in the middle of the room.

He rushed over to her and took the gag off of her mouth. "Oh gosh, doll, are you okay?"

Y/n shook her head as her boyfriend untied her. As soon as she was free, y/n threw her arms around Bucky. He held her tight has she cried into his shoulder.

"It's okay, doll. Nothing's going to hurt you while I'm here."

-:-:-:-

Okay, I'm not the proudest of this one, but I hope you guys enjoyed this one-shot! -Nicole <3