-8-

One-Shot - The Party

-:-:-:-

It was another one of Tony Stark's big parties at the Avengers facility in upstate New York, and Steve Rogers had finally convinced his best friend, Bucky Barnes, to come. Everyone in the lounge was drinking and dancing to the music as the two super soldier walked inside.

"Wow, Stark certainly has a lot of friends." Bucky commented as he looked around the large room,

Steve nodded. "Yup. His parties are always pretty crowded."

The duo made their way over to the bar area where many of Tony's guests were ordering drinks and talking. Steve ordered Bucky and him drinks, and they talked as the bartender mixed the alcoholic beverages.

"So, you got your eye on any ladies here?" Steve asked as the man behind the counter set their drinks down in front of them.

Bucky shook his head. "Nah. Unlike you, I'm not looking for anyone."

"That'll change, Buck. That'll change" Steve told him.

The former HYDRA assassin rolled his eyes as he watched his best friend take a swig of his drink. Bucky sipped on his drink and looked around the lounge. After a little bit, his eyes landed on the elevator. The silver doors opened and two women walked out.

One he identified as Natasha Romonoff, a.k.a. Black Widow. Her red hair was curled and she wore a tight black dress with red heels and silver jewelry.

The other woman, he didn't recognize. She had fair s/c skin and e/c eyes that sparkles in the light. The mystery woman had h/c hair that she had curled and wore a blue dress with white heels and golden jewelry.

Bucky found her attractive that's for sure. She was the most beautiful woman that he had ever seen. By now, Steve had finished his drink and looked to Bucky, whose blue eyes were glued to the young woman that had just walked into the room.

"Who's she?" Bucky asked.

"Oh, that's y/n l/n. She's one of Natasha's friends from the FBI." Steve explained to him. "She's pretty awesome."

Bucky nodded, trying not to be too obvious about his attraction to her.

"Do you like her, Buck?" Steve asked.

"No, not at all..." he lied.

"Then I guess you won't mind if I go talk to her then." Steve smirked.

Bucky glared at the blond haired Avenger.

Steve laughed. "You should go talk to her. Y'know, before Tony gets her."

Bucky sighed and looked at his friend. "Wish me luck."

Steve smiled and watched as his best friend walked towards the girl of his dreams.

Y/n was standing by the dance floor with Natasha, who was currently talking to a guy that she met a few minutes ago. She felt like a third-wheel, and quite frankly, it was awkward.

As she sipped her drink, y/n looked around the dance floor at the people that had been invited to Tony's party. Her eyes scanned the crowd and they landed on a man with dark hair and blue eyes, who was walking towards her.

He was wearing a black button-up shirt with jeans and his long brown hair was tied back in a bun. The guy walked over to her and stood beside her.

"Quite a party, huh?" he said.

Y/n nodded. "Yeah, this the first time I've been to a famous Tony Stark party."

"Same here." Bucky looked at her. "I'm Bucky, Bucky Barnes."

"I'm y/n l/n. It's nice to meet you, Bucky." y/n said.

"You too, y/n."

The two continued to talk and get to know each other for a majority of the night, until a slow song began to play and everyone was pairing up. Bucky held out his hand for her to take.

"May I have this dance?" he asked dramatically.

Y/n chuckled and answered with with the same amount of drama. "I would be honored."

The two walked to the dance floor together and began to dance. Bucky put his hands on y/n's waist and she put her arms around his neck. The two swayed to the music as Bucky's blue eyes poured into y/n's e/c ones.

"Your eyes are gorgeous..." Bucky thought out loud.

Y/n's cheeks turned a light shade of pink. "Thank you."

They continued to dance and Bucky's eyes flickered down to y/n's lips.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked.

Y/n was so surprised by his question, she couldn't get the words out, so she just nodded. Bucky leaned in and closed the gap in between them. As they kissed, the world around them seemed to slow and it seemed like they were the only two in the room.

Bucky pulled away gently and looked at y/n, smiling. "Do you want to go out some time?"

Y/n smiled. "I'd love to."

-:-:-:-

Holy cow! More that 400 reads in the span of a week?! You guys are absolutely amazing!! I hope you guys enjoyed the latest installment in the Bucky Barnes one-shot book! I'll be updating soon! -Nicole :)