-21-

One-Shot - Part 2 to "So Close" (the gif above is the best one I could find 😂)

*this is not a song-fic

**this will also be roughly based on the scene from Enchanted

-:-:-:-

Bucky sighed as the elevator doors closed on the party. He wanted so bad to tell y/n how he felt about her, but she seemed happy with Steve. Bucky went up a few floors until he got to the main lounge. He walked over to the doors to the balcony and opened them up. Bucky walked onto the balcony and leaned against the railing, the cool breeze blowing against his face.

As he became lost in his thoughts, Bucky suddenly heard gunfire coming from below him. He was instantly alarmed and ran back into the building. It must be coming from the party, Bucky thought. He decided not to wait for an elevator to open up and went over to the staircase. Bucky rushed down the flights of stairs until he got to the ballroom floor.

He burst through the door and say men in black uniforms surrounding the place. They all had big guns and a familiar patch on each of their uniforms. HYDRA. One of the agents looked at Bucky.

"Ah, the Winter Soldier." the agent said. "We've been looking for you for a long time."

Bucky scowled. "Let everyone go."

"Okay, we'll let them go. Only if you come with us."

"No!"

Bucky looked over and saw y/n stand up. She had a look of fear in her eyes.

"Sit down, girl! You're not needed here." the HYDRA agent scolded.

Y/n didn't move. "No, I won't let you take him!"

"Shut her up, will you?" the main HYDRA guy told one of his men.

One of the other HYDRA agents grabbed her and stuck a syringe in her neck. Y/n was instantly knocked out and she fell to the ground. Steve went to her side and held her close to him. Bucky jogged over to them as well.

"What did you do to her?" Bucky asked angrily.

The HYDRA agent chuckled. "The serum injected into her will cause her to fall into a death like sleep. And the only thing that can wake her up is...true love's kiss."

Bucky looked at Steve and smiled sadly. "It's your time to shine, buddy."

The blonde super-soldier smiled at his best friend and then looked down at y/n. "Here goes nothing."

Bucky stepped back as Steve leaned down to kiss y/n. Their lips met and Bucky hoped for the best. Steve pulled away after a second and y/n didn't wake up.

"What?" Steve was confused.

He leaned down and kissed her again. Nothing happened. The HYDRA agent laughed.

"It's impossible! She'll never wake up!" he said.

Bucky grabbed a pistol from his jacket and shot the agents in the room. He then looked down at y/n sadly.

"Buck, why don't you try?" Steve asked.

He shook his head. "No, I'm not her true love. There's no way."

"Come on, we gotta try something." Steve insisted.

Bucky looked at Steve and then at y/n. He hesitantly leaned down and kissed y/n's soft lips. Bucky wished that his first kiss with her had been under better circumstances, but you gotta do what you gotta do. As he pulled away, Bucky waited anxiously. A few seconds went by and then y/n's e/c eyes opened and looked up at Bucky.

"Did you...kiss me?" y/n asked, almost hopeful.

Bucky smiled and nodded. "Yeah..."

Y/n smiled and pulled Bucky down for a kiss. A real kiss. Y/n pulled away after a few moments and smiled.

"It was always you." she told him.

Bucky smiled. "I'm glad we're on the same page."

-:-:-:-

I hope you guys enjoyed part 2 of "So Close"! It was requested by @Marvel_Madness . The next one-shot will be published as soon as I get an idea for one (make sure to leave requests!) -Nicole