-25-

One-Shot - Goin' Under

-:-:-:-

"Are you sure about this?" Steve asked.

"I can't trust my own mind." Bucky said. "So until they find a way to get this stuff out of my head, I think going back under is the best thing. For everybody."

Steve nodded understandingly. After the events of he and Tony's fight, Bucky thought it was the best idea to go back into cyro. Y/n walked into the room and saw her two best friends talking. She knew what was coming and had to push her feelings aside. Since she met him, y/n liked Bucky, she just never built up the courage to tell him.

"I'm going to miss you, Bucky." y/n told him.

He smiled at her sadly. "I'm going to miss you too, y/n."

The two hugged for what seemed like forever. Tears fell from y/n's eyes as she let go of Bucky. He wiped the tears from her cheeks.

"Don't cry, doll." Bucky said comfortingly. "I'll come back, I promise."

"But what if they can't get those words out of your head?" y/n asked as more tears threatened to fall.

"Then I want to do one thing before I go."

Unexpectedly, Bucky put his hand on y/n's cheek and kissed her lips gently. Y/n didn't hesitate to kiss him back as his lips met hers. After a moment, they heard someone clearing their throat. Bucky and y/n pulled away from each other and saw Steve looking at them with a knowing look.

"I think it's time, Buck." he told him.

Bucky nodded and stood up. He walked over to Steve and hugged him. Bucky then went over to y/n and hugged her again.

"Bye, Bucky." y/n said as she hugged him.

Bucky looked at her with his sparkling blue eyes. "Goodbye, y/n."

He walked over to the cryo chamber and got in. The chamber closed and Bucky closed his eyes. The chamber froze up and y/n felt tears forming in her eyes. Steve wrapped an arm around her and gave her a squeeze.

"This is all for the best, y/n." he said to her.

Y/n nodded. "I know. I'll just miss him."

-:-:-:-

Yay! Finally a new update! I hope you guys liked this one-shot even though it was on the sadder side. I'll do my best to update soon! -Nicole